1 shot... then fail. Need help.

Tek-Spec

Need a bit of help here to diagnose a 1 shot then fail problem. Basically i can fire off the 1st shot fine but the rest are blank shots with the BB's just collecting until the mag is dropped, thats when they all fall out :(

Its on a new build using G&P Hop-up, d-boys gearbox, Magpul PTS Pmags. It's not the gearbox as i have tested with a CA gearbox also. Both gearboxes have been checked internally and are fine. Its not the mags as i have tested with different PMAG's and they both do the same 1 shot then fail. I'm guessing it's the hop-up but why?? it's brand new and looks all good.

Any ideas?

Thanks

You know, I had a similar problem with my 416 build. I had just finished re-shimming and re-lubing my gears when I decided to change the air nozzle. No perticular reason for changing it, I just had a guarder one lying about so in it went. However, after re-assembling the gun it failed to feed! I the spent the better part of 2 hours stripping the gun piece by piece with no luck. I then tried the orginal air nozzle and it worked, and I've still got no idea why. They're both identical and both designed for the same gun.

Hope my rambling helps in some way :rolleyes:

Josh

Mags are flush, tight etc so its not an alignment issue i dont think Ryan.

I might try a new air nozzle just incase, Still 2 gearboxes with different nozzles make me think its not that. Maybe i should ditch the G&P hop-up for another brand? not sure how good the G&P stuff is?

Thanks for the suggestions so far :)

i my self have never had a problem with G&P hop units and i have used a lot ! , i had a rebuild of a gb today for a chap used a g&p rifle as a base to test it was all fully working but only had a guarder hop unit to hand , i had the very same problem it was only after a changed the mags that i found that ka didnt work with it and a batterd old g&p did

would not mind the ka mag works fine when used with a g&p gb ( the rebuild was a jg/tm)

Hmm I reckon it must be the combo of PMAG's and the G&P hop-up then. Not got any other mags to test it with unfortunately (sold my KA one to you Johnny i think)

Think i'll defo go with a different brand hop, probably the element one Josh posted up (Cheers). Annoying as its strip build test fail, strip build test fail.

It aint no fun when yer gun dont run!

As said before, the G&P hop up unit is not the best. KA makes an excellent one. Also, another possibility is that your magwell might be too wide for the magazine, causing it not to feed. Again, some G&P metal bodies suffer from this. You can fix this by lining the inside of the magwell with tape for a tighter fit.

Sounds like the hopup, but the G&P hop is bad because you can never get the hopup adjustment right on it. Did you have hopup turned all the way up? BTW I'm still using the G&P hopup that came with my G&P SR16 MBK, an A&K gearbox in it and using PMAGs, no problems. Although I have changed out the spring on the hopup "arm" with a stock one and the hopup rubber with a Guarder rubber.

EDIT: One thing, maybe Wutang is right about the magwell, but think the opposite. Haven't had such a failure as yours but my PMAG goes in my SR16 magwell pretty tight, and it's actually scraped some plastic off the PMAG.

Thanks for the input Gerrysnaps,

The PMAG's seem a good fit in the magwell, not loose but not too tight. It's hard to say for sure if it could be the magwell yet but i'm keeping it in mind.

G&P Hop-up i have adjusted both ways, no difference unfortunately.

Process of elimination i guess, I'll report back as soon as the new hop-up arrives. Could be 2-3 weeks going by EB's track record but i asked them nice to ship it fast so will see what happens.

Interesting Wutang, I do have a G&P body.

I've got the element hop-up on the way, EBairsoft had it for £8.50 delivered so i've gone for it.

Overall not impressed by the G&P stuff i must say, I wouldn't personally buy G&P again.

Yeah, I've got an old G&P body on my primary and I had to line the inside with tape for just about every magazine I've used (oddly, it seems to like ACM mags though.) Don't ditch all G&P stuff though. Their gearbox shell and motor are excellent, and I love the quality of their externals.

Archived