Paint Pellets

Zatarra

I don't play paintball as it is gay.

I play airsoft as it is not like paintball.

Why bother to cross the two over?

If more people had the *badger*s to take there hits and admit they are out there wouldn't be a problem, i have had good hits and have recieved equally good hits, all, bare the very rare occasion due to complete uncertainty, taken. If i get hit then up goes the hand.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always surprises me how negative the reactions to this sort of thing is.

Now, I have huge doubts to whether paint BBs will ever work reliably. I just don't think they can, TBH.

I also don't think we all need to be using them for everyday skirmishes because we do fine without them.

In a universe where paint BBs do work, I think they might come in handy for competitive team-vs-team events.

It'd be a lot more straightforward to hold an event with, say, £5,000 of airsoft kit as the top prize if people were using paint BBs.

In fact, in my little head I am thinking of a national competition where where teams simply arrange matches however they can and, at the end of the year the teams with the top 15 match results meet for a final that wins them £5,000 of airsoft kit.

You couldn't really organise an event like this without paint BBs IMO.

I think you need to seperate the practical reasons for disliking paint BBs from the philosophical ones.

I really don't think they'll ever work reliably which means I, erm, don't actually need to have any philosophical objections.

That said, although I don't see the need for them to be used every day I can see occasions where they'd be useful.

From a physics point of view the forces acting on it even in a highcap AEG mechanism are higher than the force when it hits fabric. Ergo its a non starter for scirmishing.

However with the few designes of gun that wont break them in the gun, they would be good for target shooting and things like that.

I have a mind for a shooting competition for my friends involving theese against wooden targets.(this will be the second one i have run for "me mates")

But it would be just as simple to use paper targets and normall bbs. Paper is cheap so washing wood to have an infanatly useable target is hardly worth it.

Archived