1911 sprinfeild project HELP

urbandork

Ive decided to build up a sprinfeild 1911. I really like the look of a 1911 with a guiderod that sticks out of the slide with the the barrel when locked back as opposed to that of a 1911 that doesnt have a rod sticking out. Would a sprinfeild 1911 from sprinfeild armory be able to come with this type of guide rod?

I had planed on using a w/a fbi trials as a base and a pcg springfeild metal slide/frame. However while looking at a w/a fbi trials i was intrested in i noticed that when locked back it didnt have a full legth recoil rod and instead had that of a 1911a1 type thing.

Realistically would it be stupid to put a full length recoil rod on a a springfeild setup? If not i kinda want that full length recoil rod. What are my other options for a w/a 1911 with a full length guide rod and a metal kit springfeild kit?

Is it possible to conver the guide rod set up using the pcg kit and the fbi trails?

Thanks to all.

dude, if you're gonna just buy a pistol and put a metal frame and slide on it, don't get the FBI trial or whatever.  find the cheapest one you can that will fit the new kit.  you'll save some money in doing that.

good point. lol

Perhaps the SW1911?

thanks ill look into that

im still waiting pm reply from marcus hope hes got somethign cool to say. wee.

Some of the Wilson WA's may also have it. Many of their real steels do.

The Springfield Armory 1911 is an excellent variation of this pistol. Very well made and surpases the Colt version in several ways (although they are making strides to correct this).

Make sure you post some pictures when your done.

**By the way, Springfield Armory has a really great web site that shows all their different pistols (1911's and the new XD1's) as well as their rifles and custom parts. You should check it out.

Just to confirm, the SW1911 SCW2 does ship with an FLGR and so should meet your requirments admirably. I was going to do a very similar thing except I refuse to buy metal frames, and so a Springfield slide on a S&W frame seemed wrong to me.

Just to confirm, the SW1911 SCW2 does ship with an FLGR and so should meet your requirments admirably. I was going to do a very similar thing except I refuse to buy metal frames, and so a Springfield slide on a S&W frame seemed wrong to me.

whats the FLGR. full length guide rod?

Whats the other terms with the bushling and all that. thanks.

FLGR is indeed Full Length Guide Rod. The other possibilities are bushingless or bushing, one of which is the one you want though for the life of me I can't remember which is which at the moment. Of course you wouldn't have to worry about that if you just bought the SW1911 off the bat.

Archived