What Am Bestest Eotechs?

aaron2310

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think the arguments stating the cost of a gun vs. the cost of a real Eo-Tech are valid, really.

It's not like you're only going to use it on one of your guns. Just take it off, and mount it on the gun you're using for that particular game.

Ben.

Quite. Loads of people spend £300 + on their Eagle CIRASs etc...why the hell is it always the EoTechs that get the bashing for owning "real steel"?

I had a real EoTech and a Hurricane one.

In the end I flogged the real one. :unsure:

Bear with me...

I just can't get on with the EoTech (551) reticle at all.

I always find that I can't actually see my target behind it. The reticle is so big and complex that it distracts my eye from the target.

If, for example, you're aiming at a human target it's easy to aim centre-mass or even at a head etc. no problems there.

However, if you take a playing card (Let's say a 5 of Hearts) and pin it to a target 10m away it's almost impossible to aim at the specific hearts on the card easily. When you place the centre dot over one point the surrounding reticle obscures the rest of the target area.

And that's in daylight.

In poor light (even on a normal day in woodland, for example) an EoTech becomes almost unusable for me.

The reticle is just so dominant that it obscures the target behind it.

Anyway, in the end I decided I might as well get my money back so I flogged the real one and kept the Hurricane one.

It's just as annoying but it's worth less.

I don't think there's any argument from "proper shooters" about this. EoTechs are great snap-shooting sights, for bpth eyes-open stuff but more precision work will in all likelihood be easier on Trijicons or similar with built-in magnification and gentler, precision reticule. I'm far more of a snap shooter myself, CQB mostly and FIBUA at the furthest.

That said, I don't find myself really having a problem when the magnifier's on the back and i'm looking right through the sight as opposed to my "field of view", as long as the reticule's set pretty low in brightness, but there's far better sights for that and they're much cheaper than EoTechs.

Most airsofters didn't get into the whole EoTech thing for how the sight works though, they got them 'cos they look cool on their M4s just like the boys in Eyerak.

Archived