What Am Bestest Eotechs?

aaron2310

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have seen G&P, HurricanE and several chinese clones.

HurricanE and G&P were by far the best.

IMHO on a very tight budget the G&P is the way to go.

If you can afford a little more, the HurricanE.

Strangly they all seem to have a screw hole underneath with some paper inside with a "W" printed on it.

I have no idea why but would LOVE to know.

Wayne

Strangly they all seem to have a screw hole underneath with some paper inside with a "W" printed on it.

I have no idea why but would LOVE to know.

Warrenty sticker? void if removed kind of thing need it remove it if you take it apart

ive used a G&P and a clone make

the G&P ghosted and lost the green recticle option

and the clone seems to have put the lense in backwards as its like looking into a mirror in any amount of light

Quite honestly, having owned a Dragonred clone that people seem to think so highly of and played with my teammates real one there is absolutely no comparison. If you want one to pose with get a clone. If you want one to actually use and be completely satisfied with then a real one is the only option in my mind. Some second hand Eotechs from an older generation are reasonably priced and will hold their value should you want to sell them on.

How about a proper answer?

I recommend the HurricanE EOTech's :) I got my brand new 556 yesterday, they're fantastic. I mean REALLY fantastic :)

Please, get a reallity check. The best EO-Tech is hands down the original from L3-EOtech. You'll never get better quality from a knock off and the price difference is justified by superior build quality, material quality, retrickle brightnes and levels of brightness adjustmens, not to forget battery life and reliability.

I agree with Tome, an original second hand EO-tech will be the wise choice.

How about a proper answer?

I've just been backed up twice...

It just seems a bit pointless asking for what the best of something is, when the best you can is to get the genuine article. Perhaps the OP should've stipulated that they were after a clone, or within a certain budget, or after a specific model, or whether they were after it for posing, or for actual use, or for spares, or what.

But, as tome and eel one have already said (and indeed myself...) getting a genuine EOTech is hands down the best option if you're after it for actual use, and picking up a second-hand one is probably your best bet if you can't afford a brand new one (which most airsofters on a budget can't).

Keep in mind BillyWu's recommendation is based on one-day of ownership of a clone, and he has already concluded that they are fantastic. Though no doubt Hurricanes are probably one of the better if not best clones, if you are willing to spend $200 USD on a clone optic, it may behoove you to consider a real EOTech 511/512 for $100 more: you will be getting a better product, backed by a warranty, something you'll never get with a clone.

Like many have said, the best EOTech 552 ... is an EOTech 552, though if you don't have NVGs and never plan on using them, the 511/512 will be exactly the same to you and cost quite a bit less. As always, you get what you pay for, buy quality, cry once, etc etc.

I happen to have the Genuine piece of hardware L-3 EOTech 512. It is one beautiful HWS. Also, it gives you a much better crisper reticle than the clone ones. I know because I have a clone 552 from EBAirsoft as well.

If you can afford, go for the original one. If you can't then it does not really matter which clone you buy.

Of course, should you want a 553 or similar still under ITAR restrictions then you only can get a clone. But it is not your case.

Real one.. there simply is no substitute in my opinion. I only own two real ones, one is a 556 with a 3x FTTS magnifier and the other is a 552, and both are extraordinary sights. Pretty much every clone I've ever seen isn't a holographic scope, which means you have to have the same cheek weld every time you fire the gun. For me, since both of my sights are on real guns, I need to be able to fire the gun without a consistent cheek weld and still hit what I'm aiming at if need be. That's the biggest advantage of a real one. Not to mention, superior optics quality, no ghosting, wide field of view, and very rugged and durable.

Like alot of people have said, the real one is going to be of the highest quality and the best...it's made for real world combat situations so it's gotta be tough and reliable.

I have had a dragonred eotech and to be fair it was great! Fantastic for airsoft, no ghosting, plenty bright enough (the newer ones are meant to be even brighter!) and appeared to be well made. Certainly up to the job for airsoft use anyway.

I personally think that the real deal scopes are a waste on airsoft rifles. My g&p for example, after extras and upgrades has cost me about £250-300, there is no way i'm going to spend £300 on an scope which costs as much as the rifle!

Hugh

I hate the people on this forum. So up themselves... chill the hell out.

It's MY opinion that the HurricanE EOTech 556 is great, NOT yours. I'm entitled to say what I WANT to say. If you've got a problem then put up and shut up.

So yes, I conclude that HurricanE are a good choice.

Out of the clones I've had a mess about with the Hurricane ones have been the best with the gen1 ACM being the worst.

I've not tried the newer ACMs because I've been put off so much by the one I tried. I already have one eyebrow mirror optic I dont want to risk getting another.

I've had a mess about with a real one too and as nice as they are they are also bloody expensive. If it's a toss up between a new optic and a new gun or two I know which one will win.

I hate the people on this forum. So up themselves... chill the hell out.

It's MY opinion that the HurricanE EOTech 556 is great, NOT yours. I'm entitled to say what I WANT to say. If you've got a problem then put up and shut up.

So yes, I conclude that HurricanE are a good choice.

So after one day, you've decided that Hurricane are awesome and somehow better than the real deal? The people around here may be up themselves, but an opinion was asked for, and was given, as was advice, better advice than the one you've been giving. If I don't like something or I think someone is wrong, I'll call them on it. So consider yourself called out and told to pipe down. I'd rather listen to someone like evansy who's had experience with more than one type than you who hasn't shown any evidence for their one-day old clone to be so awesome as to replace a real-steel, proven and quality optic. So, opinion has been given and proven not to be the case. So take your own advice, chill out, and stop whining now you've been shown up.

BillyWu, you sort of started the flame war yourself by usin the frase "How about a proper answer?" followed by a statement basen on one day of ownership of a knock off. Honestly, try to get hold of a real one and do a side by side comparison and you'll see why we praise the original sight over any knock off.

Personal I prefer using a Trijicon ACOG that costs the same as my PTW, but having owned multiple EO-Techs over a period of years, I kind of know what I'm talking about. So when people ask about what is the best, you can't tell them that a knock off is the best, as it is simply not the truth. Had the OP asked about the best clone sight, you might have been right, as that by default excludes the original sight.

And to be honest why not spend more money on the sight than on the weapon? Hell my hunting rifle costs about 200£ and the sight on it costs about 1600£.

Having handled a number of ACM and G&P Eofakes i'd say avoid them, i've not tried the HurricanE ones although from what people say it sounds like they are the best of the replicas. Personally though i'd just look for a second hand real Eotech or save up for a brand new one. Last time i looked new ones were not particually expensive in real deal optics terms, if you want 'expensive' go look for a real Elcan or something like that ;)

There's a very clear reason why you SHOULD spend money on a real optic (or a different clone optic) if you're actually intending to aim with it - and that's because it will actually be pointing at where the BB will go. The reticules in fakeotechs that I have seen move all over the shop as your head moves, so they're basically worthless as a reflex sight. If you just want something to look cool and you don't want to aim with it, then the clones are excellent value for money. I shall have to come out here as a very happy real 512 owner who has never regretted buying the real deal. Most people I know who have bought fakes are now on their third one and you've got to wonder about the economies they're making. My 512 is just on its second set of batteries in 2 years.

Alternately, there's ATN red-dot sights that make far better optics than fake EoTechs and are the same price.

I thought i'd add more constructive comments :)

My major issue with the clone wasn't the brightness of the reticle. It was with the "eyebrow mirror" effect and more importantly the relatively dark tint of the front lens.

On green mode I could see the reticle in any reasonable outdoor condition, even looking up at blue sky. The problem arose when ...

a) Lit from above looking into a darker area - most of what i could see was my own eyeball's reflection.

B) Using in dimly lit areas - the tint on the front lens was just too dark and of a colour that didn't enhance contrast to make up for it. My major grip with this is that holographic sights are meant to be "both eyes open" sights for the quickest and most accurate reticle placement. I'm well aware that you can use a "holo" or reflex sight with a cover on the front but it just isn't as good. A worse scenario is when you can only see your target through the sight as cover is obscuring the line of sight from the other eye.

With these two "faults" in mind, a clone Eo is not a reliable combat optic in that there are enough situations where it would definitely fail you. As i said before though (and perhaps I was harsh in using the term "pose") if you're only after a sight to complete a certain look and aren't likely to encounter the situations i described above a decent clone would probably do the trick.

Given that i have recommended a secondhand real Eo i'd say that the Hurricane is the best choice for a clone if you must have a clone. Most of the Eo clones are reflex sights so the reticle will still be on point of aim when viewed from angles that are not too extreme.

EDIT: Forgot to say that the real EO has no tint at all on the lens :)

I like my G&P 551s but I have to say, they seem to drain the batteries at an amazing speed even when not in use. Best to take the batteries out when you're not using them.

That's good advice for most if not all battery operated devices.

For those of you that live in the states, or europe where you have access to real eotechs, its fine and dandy to say get a real one, but what about us who lives elsewhere? (like me in Indonesia) Where there are only "Airsoft" versions available, which one would you recommend?

And don't say say get a 2nd hand real holosight from ebay, because it would be confiscated by customs because optics in my country are restricted items...

I've got a Kings Arms 551, it's fine when its mounted on a aeg, but on my agm gbbr the recoil would move the zero after 2-3 magazines... so the question might be better phrased as what "Airsoft" holosight would you recommend?

Archived