Magnum boots

aimpoint

hia guys and girls

sorry to have to ask you all this but i need to find out by tomorrow night

"wat am bestest magnum boots" :blink:

ok well heres the deal my current combat boots have given up the ghost as of today :( and i need some replacements simple as that,these will be used for softing and shooting in (probly in the ta as well as i dislike the issue boots)

well i have heard good and bad things about magnum boots some people say they are the best thing ever,some say there ######,but that it all depends on which model :huh:

so these are the models iv been looking at

Elite Series 900 Boot

Classic CEN Boot

and

patrol model

price wise i'm leaning towards the patrols but iv heard very good things (mainly form H_M) about the Elite series

so could you guys tell me what you thing of the different models please :) i am really really sorry to ask this and not do to much of my own research but i need to have these ordered fairly soon ish and As levels start tomorrow so i'm a bit busy doing other things at the moment

cheers Aimpoint

(any advice on where to get them is also welcome :) )

Grafters sell magnum boots for about £25 a pair and, for that money, you can't fault them.

I reckon that boots are like trainers though. The fancy ones look cool in the shop but you don't notice any of that when they're on your feet. I wouldn't bother with any of those fancy panelled magnum boots. Just get leather (or fake leather) ones. At least they'll be waterproof.

I think Springfields sell them along with a whole bunch of other places.

Sid I really have to disagree with you there, two of my friends bought some pairs of budget boots. One of the first pair's soles came off within a week, and inside two months, the other pair had nails sticking through the inside of the shoe, rather uncomfortable to walk in. Just like cheap masks, a bad pair of boots can really ruin a weekend of scirmishing.

Besides, just look at this: allblack.jpg

Can you really say no to that?

I use a pair of what i believe are 8 inch magnum stealth.

They're EXTREMELY comfy but to be perfectly honest with you, they are NOT jungle boots. Mine are already falling part after only four months of use. I really cant fault them though since they're not designed to be dragged through the mud.

Sid I really have to disagree with you there, two of my friends bought some pairs of budget boots. One of the first pair's soles came off within a week, and inside two months, the other pair had nails sticking through the inside of the shoe, rather uncomfortable to walk in. Just like cheap masks, a bad pair of boots can really ruin a weekend of scirmishing.

Have you ever seen or tried Grafters magnums?

The ones I have are certified to EN345(?) same as every other industrial safety boot. This means they have a steel plate in the sole so nothing's coming through and they are guaranteed to resist crushing injuries of up to 200J impact energy.

Incidentally, expense is no assurance of quality. The brit patrol boots which currently sell for about £100 are the ones that the soles fell off of in Iraq. ;)

Besides, just look at this: allblack.jpg 

Can you really say no to that?

Easily.

It looks like the sort of thing a chav might wear to compliment his track-suit but it doesn't look like an assault boot. It might be great but does it matter what it looks like when you're wearing it?

I always used to say, about golf clubs, that if Tiger Woods started using Argos golf clubs then it wouldn't make any difference to his game AND suddenly they'd rocket in price.

It's the same thing with boots. You can buy perfectly good boots for £25. Spending £150 on boots won't make them any better for the job.

Sure, there ARE some great boots out there for £150+ but it's daft to insist that they are neccesary when you're only using them for 2 hours a week.

Used to have a pair of Magnum Stealth. They lasted me nearly 4 years of heavy use everyday at work, on various excersises from the UK to Cyprus and a fair bit of use while hill walking in the peak district.

They finnally died after the endless coatings of aviation fuel and various oils dissolved the stiching and glue holding the soles on.

Now I'm using hi-leg Magnum Elites, the full leather design is more suitable to the weather in the UK IMO, and also the now ISSUE magnum desert boots.

I used to have the magnums (they were called Gripfast, exact copy but under a different name) with the fabric "goretex" panels. My feet got P!ssed through every exercise i went on because they weren't waterproof at all. Get the leather ones- its not any fun being soaked all weekend.

I have the Trackpac (which I believe are just the same as Magnum) full-leather ones and they're great!

Haven't had them too long (about 4 months), but they seem to be surviving through mud and wet sand quite well.

Out of interest aimpoint, what make were the boots that died on you?

to tell you the truth doc im not 100% sure,there my dads old issue ones and they were made in 1991 and thats about all i know,iv been wearing them since 1999 so i gess they have held up quite well,they haven't died as such i mean there very battered but still wearable,i just can't wear them anymore as iv developed shin splints and have been told they wont do them anygood and will probly make them worse <_< so i was recommend to use some brands of "hiking boots" as they can absorb shock a lot better than issue boots :blink: and magnums were mentioned :)

iv ordered myself some 8" elites from SOF with next day delivery so hopeful they should be here tomorrow :D

My old magnum classics lasted 9 years which included slogs through the malaysian jungle, hard runs in the ozzie outback and skittering down the sides of scottish hills. 9 years. No exaggeration. Only recently have the sides split and I'm currently using a pair of all leather trackpacs.

However that's only because I couldn't get my hands on another pair of magnums on short notice. If you're looking for a good solid general use pair of boots good for most environments go for the classic with the denier upper. Cold weather a concern? Go leather.

Have you ever seen or tried Grafters magnums?

The ones I have are certified to EN345(?) same as every other industrial safety boot. This means they have a steel plate in the sole so nothing's coming through and they are guaranteed to resist crushing injuries of up to 200J impact energy.

Incidentally, expense is no assurance of quality. The brit patrol boots which currently sell for about £100 are the ones that the soles fell off of in Iraq. ;) 

Easily.

It looks like the sort of thing a chav might wear to compliment his track-suit but it doesn't look like an assault boot. It might be great but does it matter what it looks like when you're wearing it?

I always used to say, about golf clubs, that if Tiger Woods started using Argos golf clubs then it wouldn't make any difference to his game AND suddenly they'd rocket in price.

It's the same thing with boots. You can buy perfectly good boots for £25. Spending £150 on boots won't make them any better for the job.

Sure, there ARE some great boots out there for £150+ but it's daft to insist that they are neccesary when you're only using them for 2 hours a week.

Them Oakleys are probably the best all-rounder you can get, on tie with GSG9s, I just can't decide which to get, and they certainly are'nt chav boots.

Thats because they have a softer sole which makes it quieter

true but my new elite are very quiet to walk about in (scared the ###### outa my sis earlyer :lol: ) and the soles arnt as soft as i'd imagine oakleys to be (like trainers)

i think its just the way you walk about in them

my 2p :)

Archived