"energy" Ver 2 releasable gearbox?

Vercingetorix

Saw this the other day: http://www.px-airsoft.com/index.do

Anyone ever heard of the brand "energy"? Can I expect this Gearbox to be of decent quality? I really like that quick spring release feature and it'd be really useful in my masada, but if it is made/cast from bad metal and cast badly, it would be worthless. Has anyone used this?

I can deal with some burrs/flash and roughness in the casting, but the bearing holes and such would have to be well spec'd to make it usable. Any suggestions on this one? I don't buy many ACM innards, hence my apprehensiveness.....

OR should I just skip this and its awesome spring release feature for a modify torus GB?

On the plus side, V2 gearboxes have less bits that can be made wrong.

As long as the bearing holes are aligned it'll probably be fine.

The quick-change spring seems like a good idea IF you're using a gun that allows you quick access to the rear of the gearbox.

In summat like an M4 you'd probably still have to remove the gearbox from the gun just to get enough space to wriggle that rear part up and out.

Still gotta be better than all the hassle with a normal gearbox if you just want to change the spring.

On the negative side, it's a V2 gearbox so it'll have a weak front end.

Ideally, it wouldn have been nice if they'd come up with a design that reinforced the front as well.

Just remember to radius the cylinder window before you build it up.

For $33 I'd deiinitely give it a go. :)

I am also interested in this item. Can you please post a review of both the gearbox and PX airsoft's customer service when you get it? Thanks :)

I am actually not getting it from PX, I just linked it from there, I plan on getting it from AS-Gobal... I've been getting some mixed info on it though, some of the websites show it as coming with bearings and some show it without them... Are they included or not?! <_<

I am actually not getting it from PX, I just linked it from there, I plan on getting it from AS-Gobal... I've been getting some mixed info on it though, some of the websites show it as coming with bearings and some show it without them... Are they included or not?! <_<

if you can't figure it out from the website how are we supposed to? :) Ask AS Gobal. If they say no then i guess they don't come with (then get some Modify Ceramic bearings instead.

Very true, I figured there must be someone on these boards that actually owns one though.....

I need to find a place in the USA that carries modify parts though, I don't want to order from HK from a separate site, as AS-G doesn't carry em.... The reason I am ordering form ASG is they ahve larue SPR mounts, this gearbox, and both masada airnozzles in stock... I I could find another place that carried all that and modify parts I'd order from there, but so far, no cigar.

;) I think he knew that. He was just being cheeky; notice the smiley?

I was just about to make a new topic when I saw this one. I have an M4 (not ICS) that I want to be able to use at both woodland games (400FPS limit) and at a CQB arena (300FPS limit) so I started looking for any sort of gearbox that had split design or quick access to the spring so it would be easier to swap out springs. I havent been able to find the prowin in stock anywhere so it looks like I will just end up picking this up. I'll post up my finding once I get it in.

Oh and by the way, I dropped a email to PX asking if it came with the bearings and they said no.

maybe? :P At least I wouldn't have to worry about fiddling about with the gears and such. For example, if I just happen to be extra mental one day and let the gearbox explode when I take it apart, I would have to spend a lot of time to re-shim it.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know where there is a split gearbox in stock?

maybe? :P At least I wouldn't have to worry about fiddling about with the gears and such. For example, if I just happen to be extra mental one day and let the gearbox explode when I take it apart, I would have to spend a lot of time to re-shim it.

Do you (or anyone else for that matter) know where there is a split gearbox in stock?

you can find the ICS pretty much everywhere .

Lol, I fail? He seemed sorta serious, guess I took the bait :unsure:

Anyway, there was a guy on the airsoft-mechanics boards who apparently got "distributorship" but then he dropped of the net. Maybe you can find out if he still is a distributor or whatever.

IIRC there was some place that still stocked the pro-win gearboxes. I jsut cannot remember where. Airsoftmech would probably be a good place to ask. Or you could contact pro-win/PGC themselves, they do have a website IIRC.

you can find the ICS pretty much everywhere .

:rolleyes:

... I have an M4 (not ICS) ...

I realize that ICS gearboxes are everywhere, but to the extent of my knowledge, they only work in an ICS compatible body as they are different sizes, not to mention the rear stock doesn't screw into the gearbox, it screws into the body itself. So I could get an ICS gearbox and try to put it in my gun and even if I could get it to fit in the body, I wouldn't have a stock.

Anyways, enough of me taking this off topic. I think no matter what I will get one of these and maybe stick it in one of my MP5s or maybe the G3. If I end up getting one before you, I'll let you know how I like it.

Archived