Horizontal mag pouches?

Pinkfloyd

Hey guys I've been looking to kind of fill out my rig recently but I've run into a snag regarding ergonomics. I recently purchased an RBR Mtac 300 used which has molle webbing under the arms on the side of the chest area. Unfortunately I find it uncomfortable to reach and pull mags UP out of pouches I have under there, and when I'm in tight quarters, the mags rub against my arms. This wouldn't be such a problem if I skirmished with sleeves, but I also use the vest for "real deal" applications, so I frequently find myself storing M16 mags under my arms, which can snag on sleeves.

SO, I was wondering if anyone knew of a company that makes mag pouches that I can pull with my left hand OUT away from me, rather than UP. I think this would help with the uncomfortability and speed up reloads, as I'm not having to fumble to clear my right arm. I know blackhawk has a molle system that allows use of other pouches, but I'd rather buy a pouch that was already set up and didnt require the purchase of another pouch on top of a platform. I only intend to have 2 M4/M16 mags in it, so I don't need to fit Ak mags or anything.

Thanks guys

Might be economical to just zip tie the pouches to the MOLLE vest to whatever angle you prefer. I know that blackhawk did make a vest with mag pouches that you described.

edit:

http://www.blackhawk.com/product/Enhanced-...-Vest,23,86.htm

+1 for the zip ties.

So I'm actually hoping theres a company that makes pouches that dont require a platform to attach an existing pouch to. I don't want to pay an extra 17.95 for a TT 90 degree pouch.

As for the blackhawk vest, I'd rather not wear an LBV over my plate carrier.

Thanks for the responses tho guys.

Your cheapest option really is that 90 degree panel...

ahhh theese is bullsheet. I'm going to call TT and see if they want to introduce a new product tomorrow. I think they could sell a lot of them if they take the time to make them. If not I might go custom shop. Anyone know if they do bulk discounts and if they do can we get a forum discount or sommat?

Your cheapest option really is that 90 degree panel...

The cheapest option would be ZIP TIES as both me and DesertFoxRomel pointed out.

I've used zip ties to attach molle pouches horizontally and never had a problem with them.

I've attached everything from single M4 mag pouches upto a pistol holster using plastic ones but if you're worried about them coming loose or breaking you can get metal re enforced zip ties.

Thing is custom horizontal pouches are always going to be in less demand than typical pouches, so they'll always have to be more expensive than what's already in mass production right now. Who's going to ramp up production of a new product so you can have what...one or two pouches?

Cheaper to buy the adapter or go with the zipties...or if that's too ghetto pick up a couple malice clips...thread your pouch straps through the pouch & then the malice clips through the plate carrier & pouch straps pretty in fairly typical molle fashion. Little juggling might be needed to make things line up & it might not be quite as secure as regular molle, but it should make do.

Archived