RA-TECH NPAS kit for ksc/kwa MP7 GBB

Maekl

370 FPS. :o Now your talkin! I may have to add to my collection.

That's nothing, replace the stock rocket valve with a KSC Glock one ($7) & you can expect around 400fps on green with a .2g bb.

The selling point for the npas is the fact that the gun becomes adjustable, without stripping it down. This allows you to use it at sites with different limits & adjust the power to counter the variation caused by ambient temperature.

Greg.

• 3 weeks later...

Fitted two of these today:

In both cases there was a 15(ish) fps uplift on maximum fps & it could be reduced down to nearly zero.

At 18 degrees C, this was a little disappointing for me, as I was expecting my 300(ish) fps KSC to leap up to the dizzy heights of around 370, but no. As said, about +15-20fps. At 8 degrees C, in the shed, it went from 270 ish, stock, to 290 ish with the ra-tech turned up full.

The ability to turn it down was kind of redundant, as 320, isn't exactly over the top. This may come in handy during the summer.

A word of warning, to my surprise, the spring that comes with it reduces the fps by about 30fps, compared to the stock KSC & more for the KWA. Chuck it in the bin, unless power reduction is what you are after.

So, not exactly the 270-370 advertised (we speculated this could be down to the English winter), but a small power gain on max, & the ability to turn it down if it gets hot in summer.

It's easy to fit & easy to adjust.

I give this 2 smiles out of five. :D:D

Greg.

The other gun Greg did tonight was my KWA, and indeed with a trouser-warmed mag and the stock KWA US version spring around the valve, I did get 370 fps from mine. The spring that comes with the valve is way too strong, and pretty much useless.

The KWA valve spring is weaker than the one in the KSC Japan, so that's currently the difference between my and greg's guns, apart from the piston cup and my stock KWA nozzle vs. his readyfighter. There was such a huge difference in the strength of the springs, and 60fps performance difference, that we can probably say with certainty that the spring is as important, if not more, than the valve.

As I plan to put a tightbore in when one is available, the NPAS will be a useful tool for making me street-legal again on different sites!

Mi experiences today with the NPAS:

KSC taiwan version mp7 (same cylinder as the KWA), NPAS set, green gas, 20º C.

As greg says, scrap the RA-tech spring. I tried it out of curiosity and it was 303 to 326 fps, no room for output tweaking.

With the original spring I had a bit of a funny event. When newly installed, the NPAS only had 2 and 3/4 full turns. After 10 mags I could turn it almost 7 full turns, and that greatly changed tweaking options.

365 fps maximum, full open NPAS and 326 fully closed. Margin is great for me, I needed a 350 ish gun, and I still have the taiwan version 430 fps rocket valve for an emergency :rocket:

Gas consumption is also greatly reduced. Before I could only fire a mag and a half, now I can consistently fire more than three mags with only a gas charge. Nice for field reloading, it completely eliminates for me the need to carry a gas bottle, even in long skirmishes.

I´m not sure if the mp7 is now the absolute best GBB, but I´m sure now an equally nice M4 GBB is at least in the thousand range, so it´s definitely the cheapest, no compromise gun for the price. It´s really precise for a gas gun, solid and reliable, no misfeeds and completely skirmishable out of the box.

Archived