• Something WW2
    • Something Vietnam
    • Czech Wood / Desert
    • Danish M84
    • Norwegian Woodland
    • French CCE
    • Auscam
    • US Wood / Choc Chip / Desert

That is true, but like i said the advantage is only small and in most cases the whole set (hat / top / trousers) needs to be an exact match and cover most of the body.

But most people aren't camo nutters like me that take the time to see what works and buy to be practical, not to look good / cause it is cheap.

The only exception being my Dutch DPM which is simply because i have Dutch family.

Though i have had a thought of a cross camo style.

OD base, brown splinter patterns, tan tigerstripes and black dots. A mix of Fleck, Tiger Stripe and Splinter.

'FireKnife'

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yeah, penncott is sexy stuff. I wanted some for ages but couldnt justify the expence. Then I grew some balls and said *fruitcage* it. Sadly the only sizes they had left by this time were like XXS and XXXXL.....

Nice to see another rooivalk user too. Dont know how good a camouflage it is, but I think it looks like a perfect eastern European opfor pattern.

From what I'm told, Rooivalk is very closely matched to one of the Pakistani camo patterns. It's ok at the end of summer/early autumn cause of the yellowy-brown overall tone of the pattern. There's a picture of me wearing it somewhere (I forget where) where I'm next to someone in multicam and it's working just as well for where we're at.

The only problem is the ripstop on it. The ripstop threads are very prominant, and have faded more than the rest of the fabric, giving it a "waffle" like appearance. Not a happy bunny was I.

What I really want, is some of the camo from Avatar. To my eye, it looks like ACU, with slightly larger pixellation, in Pencott colouring. ;-)

Archived