• Danish M84
    • Norwegian Woodland
    • French CCE
    • Auscam
    • US Wood / Choc Chip / Desert

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a popularity reason for one and a common choice reason for another.

I have an idea for a possible game / event but i am doing this to see what types of camo are most common among the players on here.

The reason Multicam is not included is because i do not want it at my event, it is a pathetic excuse for a camo pattern in my opinion and it is the only camo i thought to exclude.

Russian is not on the list due to the fact there are so many patterns it would take up to much room to list them all, if you wear a russian pattern that is a close copy of a certain pattern like Smog / DPM type of pattern then put down the pattern it is.

WW2 and Vietnam are grouped together as i plan to make a certain, lets say unit in the game with a mix of something traditional rather than modern.

As for the game and event that i am thinking, that will be disclosed in full when the poll has run long enough and the choices from those available are made, which at this moment looks to be DPM or non-digi US.

'FireKnife'

Why not use the traditional green against desert and totally avoid unneccesary faffing around? I doubt you'll find many WW2 or Nam softers who will want to be involved in a multi-era sci-fi shoot. A vast majority play in those specific periods for realisms sake.

Oh and;

The reason Multicam is not included is because i do not want it at my event, it is a pathetic excuse for a camo pattern in my opinion and it is the only camo i thought to exclude.

What a pathetic outburst.

I was wondering if most of you guys pay any attention to how a particular camo really works in the environment you are playing? Of course in cqb and such it doesn´t really matter since it´s the movement what generally reveals you.

I use mostly wl and dpm in forest environment (surprisingly), maybe sometimes throw ddpm or dcu trousers on if it suits the landscape. And of course a Finnish snow parka now in the winter.

I was wondering if most of you guys pay any attention to how a particular camo really works in the environment you are playing?

This is a good question. I, for one, typically match my camo to the terrain/cover/environment in which I will be operating. Despite this, the majority of the games that I attend are set up on the usual "green" versus "tan" style in which greener camos are group together against tanner camos respectively as units.

Unfortunately, in my area many of the better players typically wear tan camo. In addition, it seems that many younger players, players who are relatively new to the sport or players who do not have a military background typically wear standard M81 woodland.

As a result, if I show up to a game wearing my M81 woodland (which in the summer matches the environment the best) then I am automatically placed on the team that has the lesser experienced players (in general).

Because of frequently being on a team of less well equipped and coordinated players I went out an bought some tan camo (DCU) so that I could have the option of playing with the (in general) better team. As a consequence, however, I now stick out like a sore thumb in the lush environments in which I play.

While it would be incredibly difficult to play in a game wear everyone wore red or blue arm bands to designate their team allegiance, I can't help but feel that organizing teams based on camo almost always creates a situation where better equipped players, who have been playing longer and can afford the "gucci" camos, are placed together.

Furthermore, in my area, BDU color (as opposed to gear color) tends to define team membership. As a result, someone wearing M81 woodland, but wearing a tan OTV is placed with the green team. Consequently, that player is rather difficult to identify from the waist up if they are moving in and out of cover. I tend to match my green camo with my green gear and wish that more players did so for the sake of game play.

How is Multicam a pathetic excuse for a camo and ACU is left on the list?

If you want to make a game then surely it has to cater to the people that are going to play the game, I'm sure that there are at least several orders of magnitudes more multicam users than alpenflage or CCE, and if you tell them that their camo can suck balls they're probably not going to care much about playing the game.

Mostly in vietnam gear in my OD 3rd Pattern Fatigues

But also (depending on terrain and gear):

ERDL Fatigues

Tiger Stripe Fatigues

OD G8 WEP

M81 Woodland

6 col Desert 'Choco Chip'

3 col Desert DCU

Civilian clothes

This reminds me that I also have some Daguet somewhere around here... Now where did that go :unsure:

...Unfortunately, in my area many of the better players typically wear tan camo. In addition, it seems that many younger players, players who are relatively new to the sport or players who do not have a military background typically wear standard M81 woodland...

...While it would be incredibly difficult to play in a game wear everyone wore red or blue arm bands to designate their team allegiance, I can't help but feel that organizing teams based on camo almost always creates a situation where better equipped players, who have been playing longer and can afford the "gucci" camos, are placed together.

Well, that´s a shame in my opinion. But at least the more experienced players are making it easier for less experienced by choosing their camo not based on its effectiveness :P

Here in Finlad we usually organize teams simply by arm bands and therefore the choice of camo is up to players themselves. Except for longer milsim games where it´s strictly based on camo patterns. Also, people who play together in teams tend to use similar camo of course.

Sorry if this is getting off topic.

in responce to whether or not i wear camouflage that 'works', the answer is no. Its based on what I think looks good. Obviously i dont wear stuff that will make me stick out like a sore thumb, but at the ranges that airsoft is played at, camouflage tends to go out the window.

As this is my idea that i am planning it is safe to say if i wish to exclude from the list then i can, if you don't like it then don't vote, simple as that.

The choices i have made are a cross of both common and uncommon patterns. The reason for this is that i will require a more stand out unit, this is why i have included Danish / French / Auscam as it is to find a pattern that is common among those that don't use the usual DPM / US gear.

Finally the reason why i am not using the traditional 'green / desert' mix is because i want to do something different with a more original setup than simply one colour versus another.

Just to add, the saying that 'at airsoft ranges, camo doesn't work' isn't entirely true, i have tested this theory and found that with a good camo match, a small but useful difference is made.

'FireKnife'

CADPAT for summer use

DPM for winter use

Rooivalk I take for after game clean clothes and for late summer use.

CADPAT works amazingly well at my local site in summer, especially in the nettle field.

EDIT: Saving up for some Pencott at the moment too. Gorgeous stuff it is. ;)

yeah, penncott is sexy stuff. I wanted some for ages but couldnt justify the expence. Then I grew some balls and said *fruitcage* it. Sadly the only sizes they had left by this time were like XXS and XXXXL.....

Nice to see another rooivalk user too. Dont know how good a camouflage it is, but I think it looks like a perfect eastern European opfor pattern.

Just to add, the saying that 'at airsoft ranges, camo doesn't work' isn't entirely true, i have tested this theory and found that with a good camo match, a small but useful difference is made.

'FireKnife'

In fairness its not a case of a couple of airsofters declaring that camo doesn't particularly well at less than 200 metres or so...

its several decades of low intensity conflict, combat experience and units like ITDU doing proper scientific tests (and spending millions) on it.

Tactically you're more likely to be given away by your movement, skylining, shadow and shape etc than the colours you wear (given a hi vis vest will make you more visible than multicma but if you're wearing neutral colours and apply good fieldcraft its all pretty much the same).

Archived