Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sonic01

Cant access forums from home?!

hi all,

for some reason im not able to reach arnies from home, im on virgin media in the uk.

at the mo im having to RDP to my computer at work and use the site from there! any ideas anyone?

While I'm not sure if it's related to timing, but I know I haven't been able to access the forums for the past couple days because they seem to have been down. That might have been the issue.

no, right now im accessing it through my work pc - if i try now from my home pc, it just doesnt work... :(

i can even access it on my phone...

Out of interest, are you using Sky as your ISP?

I know Galactica has had DNS issues with Sky recently. If so please confirm and I'll report it to Arnie.

Looking at your IPs and ISPs it must be a DNS issue. Is it definitely still an issue and not one caused by your trying to connect earlier today while the site was still down?

oh well...

is there anything else i can do? I can send a tracert when i get home if you like...

so frustrating Arnies is the site i spend the most time on :(

I made a post about this, before I noticed this one. I'm having the same problem. My postcode is YO62 6TR, (if that helps) and ISP is ADSL24. Haven't been able to access the forum all weekend at home.

I think I know the problem, I can't get on the site from my blackberry or opera mini, I'm pretty sure that our new firewall is slightly pro/overactive and blocking what it considers to be suspicious traffic. At the moment that seems to include certain proxies and methods of accessing the server. It's an issues that's now on the nice small list of things to tweak.

Try posting a traceroute to arniesairsoft.co.uk from your home IP address on here (hash out the last three numbers of your own IP if you want).

I am having the same problem using Sky broadband.

I have tried a traceroute and get 'unable to resolve target system name arniesairsoft.co.uk'

I hope this helps in some way. I am happy to run other tests if requested.

Cheers,

Al.

I am having the same problem using Sky broadband.

I have tried a traceroute and get 'unable to resolve target system name arniesairsoft.co.uk'

I hope this helps in some way. I am happy to run other tests if requested.

Cheers,

Al.

I got the same, or something to that effect.

The affected parties that can't get on are being blocked by the security firewall, to open it up I need the IPs of those affected. Just email/PM me or post the results from http://whatismyip.com/ Leave off last three digits if you're worried about security. I believe that at the moment virgin cable and sky are blocked. As soon as I know the affected IP ranges/zones I can have the firewall adjusted.

wooo! we're back!

First time i've encountered a web server that blocked incoming http requests from the two of the largest ISPs in the UK. Is Arnie's now hosted from Kentucky or something? :)

During this lask week I've been able to access the forums every other day. One day it works, the other it doesn't. Same with news frontpage.

Has this been a general issue? I'm connecting from Spain and with at least three different providers.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and the use of session cookies.