VFC SCAR/DBOYS SCAR

Airsofty

Hey guys Im new to the forums and semi-new to the sport (have not played in about 5 years) and had a question about which SCAR I should buy. Money is no deciding factor really, I just want to know which is best w/o any upgrades, and what you would suggest upgrade wise for the best one. (Ill get upgrades from spare cash from chores ect ect)

THE VFC SCAR

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AEG_AEP_VFC_VFC_SCAR_Light_Gen_III_Flat_Dark_Earth.htm

or THE DBOYS SCAR

http://www.airsoftmegastore.com/DBoys_CUSTOM_Full_Metal_M4_TDW_DESERT_STORM_p/db-custom-sc01t.htm

I am really sorry if there is another thread like this, I looked my best and could not find one for the life of me.

Note:I realise the DBOYS comes with more add-ons but like I said I can easily go buy add-ons if the VFC is better.

Thank-You

It would be a damn shame if the VFC wasn't better in stock form, seeing the horrible price difference.

I wasn't that impressed by the VFC compared to a Dboys say. I would personally propably just buy the Dboys and do the following cheapish upgrades to it:

- Rewire with at least 18awg wire.

- Change hop rubber and nub (Systema + H-nub).

- Change to metal bearings (7mm) and reshim and relube.

- Change piston to a non-self destructing one, like a Guarder.

- Change motor to one with less whine and better response.

It would be a damn shame if the VFC wasn't better in stock form, seeing the horrible price difference.

I wasn't that impressed by the VFC compared to a Dboys say. I would personally propably just buy the Dboys and do the following cheapish upgrades to it:

- Rewire with at least 18awg wire.

- Change hop rubber and nub (Systema + H-nub).

- Change to metal bearings (7mm) and reshim and relube.

- Change piston to a non-self destructing one, like a Guarder.

- Change motor to one with less whine and better response.

How so?

The VFC is 200% better in EVERY way than a Dboys.

Come on , SuperJesus37, you can't just make comments like that and expect to be taken seriously.

While Abelius pointed out the things he would change that (in his opinion) would make a DBoys SCAR just as good as a VFC, you just spouted some unsupported statements.

How and why is the VFC "200% better in EVERY way?" How are you evening arriving at this "200%" metric? Hyperbole? I thought so.

Please don't just spew this sort of stuff without providing a bit of support or evidence.

For example,

You might point out that the VFC has more accurate externals, etc etc.

I don't think anyone is going to disagree that the VFC is the better gun, necessarily. But it is also $230 (ASGI prices) more expensive than the Dboys. The question is, is it really 45% better (190/420)?

Note: Like I said before, Price is not the issue, Im just looking for better stock gun and any upgrades needed to not have issues occur for awhile.

I'd shy away from the VFC and go for the G&G SCAR is money is not a problem. ;) While it seems that everyone who lives around me had problems with their VFC SCAR's as soon as they took them out of the box, my G&G is still chugging along without even one new internal piece. The VFC does have nicer externals, but IMO the price does not justify the iffy internals of a VFC.

everything they said i have had contradicting statements from so I don't know.

I like AATV, their 10 Commandments of Airsoft is brilliant, but that Scar review is absolutely awful. It gets posted in most Scar discussion threads and generally just leads to confusion.

To go back to your original question: DBoys or VFC if money is not a problem? Without a doubt, it's VFC.

Archived