An airsoft shop "lost" my battery.

ED-SKaR

I have been dealing with a certain airsoft retailer in the UK. A guy I got from them broke so I returned it and got it repaired. I put the battery I baught with the gun in the box when I sent it. When the gun was recieved the battery was missing.

Several e-mails later and they have stopped replying, they say they can't find it and havent responded to my requests of replacing it.

It is my understanding that as they where responsible for the battery as well as the gun they should replace it.

Any help is welcome.

Well if they have your goods (battery) they have in effect stolen that item.

I would go to Citizens Advice regarding the matter. I would first start with a well written letter thats been spellchecked laying out clearly (your post is quite confusing to say the least) what happened and what you expect them to do. Send it recorded delivery and this will probably do the trick.

I would suggest you explain in greater detail what has happened so others can comment. Start with who did what, and when.

Cryptic posts with "A guy I got from them broke so I returned it and got it repaired" do not even make any sense. Its not even English.

Firstly, get a name. Always get a name.

If the emails are sent by an individual you have the senders name.

If the emails are sent by "The XXXX airsoft team" then you need to get an individuals name.

Once you have a name, phone them rather than emailing.

Be reasonable.

Airsoft retailers are THE most cynical people in the world because they're used to dealing with idiots who've obviously screwed up their guns and then demand a refund.

At best they probably assume you sent them a worn-out battery (or none at all) and are looking for a way to wheedle a new one out of them.

Tell them you'd really like your battery back or, failing that, you'd be happy to accept store-credit to the value of it.

They might be happier to concede that since they know it means you'll be spending more money with them in future.

What site was it?

Agreed, name and shame. I believe that the more folks who go on places like this and let everyone know how they've been treated, then prehaps they will start to make more of an effort when it comes to customer service

Maybe this should serve as a warning to others, IF you gun goes wrong and you send it back to the store, dont send the battery along with it UNLESS specifically requested to by the store.

Its an airsoft shop im sure they would have plenty to test guns with so they wouldnt need yours.

Archived