Why get an LMG?

AirsoftBuyer1234

The range on my a&k m249 is bad. Honestly not very good. It does seem to be a common problem as the rental a&k m249's at my regular skirmish site have bad range aswell. Mines got a CA hop up unit and it doesnt make a difference at all,infact my ICS mp5 outranges it by about 10 meters.

To carry a support gun you need help............unsure whether thats physcial or mental!

Hey mate, 6 months of anti-climactic boredom in the desert will make one a bit stir-crazy... although I was a bit of a nutter to begin with. ;)

I reckon we might all need a psych eval, considering we're the ones lugging around heavy toy bb guns and playing dress-up commando in our free time. :P

The support gun has a beefier mechbox and will stand up to full auto fire longer than other types of AEGs.

For the range issue there are some hopup sealing notes in the Foxhole threads that may help.

As for a specific instance where a support gun comes in handy; last weekend the op was for Team A consisting of four players to hold a dug in and revetted bunker on top of a hill. Great cover and pretty much on the corner of the field so limited avenues of approach. Team B's job was to take the hill, with 6 players, and Team A had to be killed out all at once, one man left just taps the other three and the stand back up.

So being on Team B I picked a nice clear avenue and setup the SAW to suppress the bunker. The rest of the team assaulted from the left as I kept the folks in the bunker lit up whenever they popped up to shoot back.

The range on my a&k m249 is bad. Honestly not very good. It does seem to be a common problem as the rental a&k m249's at my regular skirmish site have bad range aswell. Mines got a CA hop up unit and it doesnt make a difference at all,infact my ICS mp5 outranges it by about 10 meters.

What hop rubber are you using?

The reason is the same as why we don't all use TM AK47 and a highcap each.

We all know the TM ak47 is the best gun, its been the rentals friend for over a decade, V3 gearbox is imortal, TMs guns almost never fail, and you have large batterys and large highcaps.

So why has everyone got M4s, cus the yanks use them? cus its cool?

Its about being COOL. Remember guns are cool. You want a shotgun, get a shotgun, you want a belt fed, get one.

TM AK47 is obviously not "cool.

VFC/LCT/RealSword(type 56) AK variants are COOL.

It is just that most people do not realize the greatness of steel + laminated wood AK with realsteel part compatibility and solidness.

Btw, all ACM product's stock hop-up bucking fail, replace with Guarder for cheap and decent range.

To ardrummer292 this ones for you

biggrin.gif bit of classic MG action.

Dont watch if you are normal, or vegetarian or of a delicate nature and dont like iggy pop (why are you here if that applys to you ?)

Loved your little rant/quote, a big shooter will install fear into other players, being able to run with it and use it with confidence (aggressive) will scare people away from you as well, just the sight of an MG coming there way will do wonders. Even more scary than snipers.

So far i have only seen 2 MGs in use at games, so havent had a go on one yet.

I think if i ever do try one i will have to get one. Got to play with BRENs and FN GPMGs on the ranges a very long time ago, great fun, not so great fun lugging one over dartmoor. For me the weight is a put off for gaming, respect to those of you that do it for fun (and for real)

Gunners are very special types, but even in airsoft, a well drilled gunner who knows his MG inside out, can field fix it, understand how to operate/play it He can turn the whole dynamic of game. Its a very dedicated role, maybe why i havent seen many of them.

(maybe i will look up the weights rolleyes.gif see if there is a nice light one out there)

Archived