Suggestions for RIS on AR build

Noveske

I'm sure most of you have seen my larue-magpul GBBR build, but I'm now having problems mounting my EOTech 553 across the delta ring for the larue rail. The larue delta-ring is too big and gets in the way exactly where I wish to mount my 553. Currently I run a Larue 9.0 with a 12.5" Noveske style Stainless barrel, Magpul lower, MUR upper and UBR stock.

I've decided to scrap the larue 9.0 and change to an RIS preferably with a adjoining top rail to the upper receiver. Problem is: Which one? Can anyone suggest a more suitable RIS to go with the set up? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Pics of current:

c73be981.jpg

36b040d1.jpg

Noveske and Vltor combo's are popular. The DD rails are super light, so would compare to the Larue nicely. If you wanted to stay Vltor you could either switch to a VIS upper/rail or get a CASV. Troy also makes a good rail with a rock solid mounting system, but my 10" is heavier than I'd like it and changing from a Larue to the Troy would be a fairly noticeable weight increase.

I'd personally choose a DD rail if you don't want the Larue. It's light like the Larue, but it has the adjoining rail.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Thanks for all your input people. I already have a DDMKRIS II 9.5 on one of my other builds (as I'm sure most of you have seen before). Personally, I think that setup would look more spiffy with a 10.5" barrel and not the stainless 12.5". So I've scrapped the idea altogether to go with an LMT MRP instead. :)

Thanks again for all of your input!

Archived