Helicopters!

Killbucket

I just picked up the new version of the SYMA S107. IDK what SYMA's designation for it is, the one I got has been re-branded.

But this thing is great. It has a new gyro & red/green LEDs 2 port & 2 starboard, and they removed the throttle spring on the controller. There are some other changes compared to the S107.

The red/green LEDs blink randomly and I'd like to figure out how to make them only blink the correct colors port & starboard. However I suspect that's not a simple fix.

I must admit, the only ones i ever got were those tiny 2 channel ones made out of tiny foam.

I might have to have a look at these as a bit of a step up, especially if they're more enjoyable for a longer flight indoors.

You'll find that you can buy two for what those old foam things cost.

A word of advice: do not fly before charging the battery the first time, regardless of what a box or instructions may say.

linkcopter1.jpglinkcopter3.jpglinkcopter5.jpglinkcopter7.jpglinkcopter9.jpglinkcopter11.jpglinkcopter13.jpglinkcopter15.jpglinkcopter17.jpglinkcopter19.jpg

Come see the copters, talk about your new copter (in about 5 days, wink), ask about a new one you've seen...I know what's good and what isn't.

The sitemap barely scratches the surface- just use any random word in the search bars provided. all sorts of oddball stuff comes up in a "BucketSearch"!

Have you ever Googled Me?

Syma S107, S022, S026.

COPIES of the S107 abound, so avoid lowest or highest prices.

To ENSURE a GOOD copter, no question, go to:

I trust these people.

I don't vouch for many.

Well, any, other source for a copter, period.

Firebird_helizone054.JPG

My own info page- I do NOT sell these!

If you choose a Firebird (licensed S107 copy, BETTER quality), use "firebird" for a $10 discount code.

JinFeiHuS2009_00001.JPG

You are correct, it will take specific colored LED's for each side, a simple soldering job, and a perfect first soldering project if it's new to you.

Hmm... What I have is different from that. I'll have to post a photo, maybe you can tell me what it is.

Mine has a different "cockpit" and tail boom, tail rotor, and "fin" are all different. Actually the chassis is also different.

After a crash last night I now need to get some parts. One of the weights on the balance bar is no more. Fortunately I have two, so I can still fly in the mean time.

Wow! I'm assuming you've done your own rotor flip in the back. Looks FAST.

I have not seen THAT model, where is it from?

If you are considering a SYMA S032, please also consider this photo:

16deadsymas.JPG

Enough said?

016Helis_angel.JPG

How's this for weight reduction?

010Helis_angel.JPG

The skull and wings are made of Crayola's super-lightweight foam "clay" -stuff, and painted silver.

008Helis_angel.JPG

You could use this to make a small canopy with, too...

001Helis_angel.JPG

This is made from an 8818 copter.

015Helis_angel.JPG

I added a San Huan 6020-1 GYRO-eq'd PCB to it.

More:http://www.air-sharp.com/helisangelcopter2.htm

Actually, that is totally stock.

It came from Cybergun and is supposed to be made by SYMA. The box has "Tech Group" , "Soft Air USA", "Cybergun" AND "3P aviation" all printed on it. All of which are owned by Cybergun.

The helicopter itself is called the "Helistryker". It's the same size as a S107 but there's some (obvious) differences.

Got the apache one this xmas, sooooo much fun to fly! :D

Really manouverable zipping around the lounge and trying not to buzz the dog.

When the battery gets really low and it drops to a few inches off the floor it becomes much more "menacing" in its movements like it's scanning over the desert (yes, i'm a big kid).

Not sure about the rainbow LEDs in the tail though...

Popped out for the boxing day sales this afternoon and picked up the chinook.

Controls are much more sluggish, so I have to be more weary of the christmas tree :)

Archived