I figure it's about that time again, yes, time to chop up another P90.

I'm pretty much done with my other XM90 builds, so I figure I'd try something new this time. I wanted to build a CQB type gun instead of the DMR I've been going for lately. The requirements was simple. It has to be compact, but be able to take a large battery (I love fast trigger response), takes simple mags that are small and plentiful, and most importantly, it's going to have to turn heads.

After looking around and sketching, the answer was simple.

IMG_02052.jpg

IMG_02061.jpg

Yep, you guessed it,

IMG_02071.jpg

It takes 9mm Uzi mags on top. I have a ton of these things, I think 34 by my last count, they hold lots of ammo, are super light, and I can put them anywhere. Internally it works flawlessly, feeding every round of the magazine with no leftovers. It's more or less done from a performance standpoint, the rest is just making cosmetics.

The current plan is to

add a loading ramp on the magwell,

add a support/guard for the magazine up front,

add a rail on top of the magwell for optics,

add a cheekrest cover for the battery,

and maybe adding a small handguard up front.

P.S. I might or might not have been influenced by the G11

errrm, it's very rough at the moment but i reckon it's got a lot of potential.

surely you could seat the magwell a bit lower so the mag sits flush with the top of the gun. that way the mag would surely be more securely seated, and with a couple of (for want of a better word) guide rails along the sides and a ton of filling a smoothing around the back of the magwell i reckon it would look quite streamlined.

i reckon a smoothed in VFG with a hand stop would look at home too. as for the front, i think some sort of very chunky and stubby flash hider would suit it best, overall it would give it a more aggressive and beefy look.

really look forward to seeing where this goes, i followed the XM90 project the whole way though.

edit: i'd personally get rid of the big grippy trigger guard thing and turn it into a more conventional trigger guard. if it were my project i'd want to lose that as it'd make it that much less P90 and therefore more unique and eye catching.

Well I wouldnt give it a prize for looks at the moment! lol

Interesting build is that a larger battery over the buttstock? If it is why not put the origional P90 bit back on and use a Li-Po? I run an 11.1v lipo in my P90 which runs at 37rps and trigger response like a GBBR and lasts all day..

I really like the magazine idea though looks very cool and interesting!

Mike_West's ideia is the shizzle! Go with the G11!

hmm a shapeless block with a pistol grip and a *fruitcage* ugly carry handle scope, sounds awesome <_<

I'm sorry but I don't see what makes this special. Could someone explain this to me please?

errrm, he's in the process of converting it to run UZI mags? you might refer to this as a 'project', and correct me if i'm wrong but isn't this the dedicated section for discussing projects.

• 3 weeks later...

why didn't you just make the ejection port the mag well and make yourself a Seburo style SMG?

perhaps because it's already top loading, plus the gearbox would probably be in the way. that and presumably he's going for outright practicality, in which case he won't want the mag snagging on things.

Archived