A&K 1892 Winchester

renegadecow

Was told by Mike_West some time ago that the acm winchesters were due out again by December, was surprised to see this come sooner:

http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/aandk-m1892-gas-rifle-real-wooden-version.html

It's pretty much a Marushin clone at half the price but I don't know if they're the same company that made the first acm batch a couple years ago or not. At least now they have an actual brand stuck to them and I hope that would also mean higher quality as those first ones made before were leaky as a boat made of scouring pads.

With a little hopup work and resealing, my old San Jia 1892 was easily sling .40s out in the neighborhood of 300 feet. It chrono'd around 550 with .20s.

Here's the kicker. Back then I didn't realize that gas rifles shoot heavier BBs harder (more joules) than light BBs. I assumed that 550 with .20s = 350ish with .40s. In reality it was probably shooting closed to 450-500 with .40s, since the inner barrel is very long and the BBs spend more time in the barrel, thus creating a higher backpressure from the expanding gas.

The pics of the A&K look EXACTLY like my San Jia, so it's safe to assume it will perform similarly aswell.

The old clones were made or re branded by "Axi" but with ACM companies you never can tell, these might be made from the same moulds/machinery as the older clones, most likely as i can't see a second company going out of their way to make a new set for such a niche gun.

The old clones were made or re branded by "Axi" but with ACM companies you never can tell

My San Jia/AXI has "San Jia" where it should say Winchester. That should be a dead giveaway on the A&Ks.

Example from a retailer:

SJ-GAR-3137A+-AG-2.jpg

Edit:

Ehobby pic shows no cast trades... It's not entirely the same rifle.

file_2_52.jpg

"IMPORTANT NOTES: Please use HFC134A Gas only, higher pressure gas might harm the delicate mechanism of gun."

I stopped dreaming about it when I read this.

Note that the Marushin 1892s also have that warning. So do the Western Arms GBBs, and some of the Marui pistols also recommend 134a.

On another note, if you read the Additional Information, the manufacturer is still listed as Marushin, and the package includes Marushin M1892 Maxi 6mm Airsoft Gas Shotgun.

Seems like a copy-paste.

While I agree that prolonged use of green gas/propane may not be the best idea considering China's track record, I don't think a conclusion should be drawn based on that warning alone.

It's a pretty generic warning that spans many guns on many different retailers.

Guess it's time to play the waiting game until some reviews pop up.

Note that the Marushin 1892s also have that warning. So do the Western Arms GBBs, and some of the Marui pistols also recommend 134a.

On another note, if you read the Additional Information, the manufacturer is still listed as Marushin, and the package includes Marushin M1892 Maxi 6mm Airsoft Gas Shotgun.

Seems like a copy-paste.

While I agree that prolonged use of green gas/propane may not be the best idea considering China's track record, I don't think a conclusion should be drawn based on that warning alone.

It's a pretty generic warning that spans many guns on many different retailers.

Guess it's time to play the waiting game until some reviews pop up.

Yeah, it's not so much the gas warning but the phrase "delicate mechanism" that put me off (I've never seen this phrase used before with airsoft guns). Doesn't exactly suggest sturdiness.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived