Pre-Game Rituals / Unique pieces of gear

Cancel

Plus a hot drink does actually cool you down by balancing your core temperature to compensate for the change in heat, or so the Tea Drinking Society would have you believe.

However i still prefer a bit of pre-game Britishness, something like a nice bag of hearty, oily chips during lunch time can always help, you can keep your energy drink, i hve, to quote Kevin Kline 'Britain's culture contribution to international cuisine, the chip'. :P

'FireKnife'

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should only ever keep water in a camelbak or water bottle because otherwise cleaning it out becomes a nightmare.

Tea however has never dehydrated me and without wanting to sound like a tea bore, I have to disagree with the statement that "tea has x amount of caffiene in it". Which tea do you mean?

Lapsang?

Oolong?

Earl Grey?

Green?

Black?

Redbush?

I have all of those in my caddies.

Red bush has precisely 0 caffiene in it.

I find a hot cup of tea to be extremely refreshing and hydrating.

Perfect for airsoft.

Redbush?

Teehee :P

But still tea is very dependent on type as to what is in it. Though most people i know drink it Eastern style, without milk and rather weak.

However we all have our favourite game drinks, mine is often either still water or a nice bit of Morrisons energy drink, which is terrible but cheap.

'FireKnife'

I skate, surf, snowboard as well as airsoft, I consume enough energy drink to have killed a herd of elephants :P

If you can do that all at the same time, and still tell me with a straight face energy drinks are ok, I will raise my glass of finest tap water in your honour!! Haha :)

Ahh who am I kidding, I still have a cup of coffee on skirmish day as the excitement means I hardly sleep the night before. :D t'is the energy drink of the more mature and discerning gent!

Do you rack the slide one last time to add drama before you charge?

I'm thinking I'd love a spring shotty for that very purpose! *swoon*

Nope, i always have pistol hammer down, though sometimes i do flick the safety off if i am close, as then i know what i am about to shoot at and don't want to have excessive waste movement before i make a shot. :P

However i do humm a few things and have a habit of doing a 'search and assess' just before i go for a run and gun moment.

'FireKnife'

Basically after shooting or hitting a target, or before going into a firefight you always move your head in a left to right sweep to aquire the next target or make sure the area is clear. Something often used in the real world on a range to check everyone else around you have finished shooting to.

Next time if you have a question like this send a PM, easier than filling up a thread ;)

'FireKnife'

Sorry chap! I did think to google the term afterwards, but appreciate the help. :)

One thing I did find useful for moving people on when they are suppressed (especially the younger players) is to ask them why they are scared. Usually the reply is something about being shot at, to which I reply "fire back and make THEM scared instead!!"

Brought a tear to my eye the first time I tried that and 3 young players popped up and promptly mowed down some enemies. "yay we did it!" they chimed as a sniper shot one of them and we were back to square one :D ah ha ha ..

Archived