XCOM: Enemy Unknown

FTZ-WildeCard

I had to restart after noticing how bad decisions in early game screwed me over later. First: I had no satellite over the US, so I was chronically underfunded. Second: I had three countries bail out on me. Third: due to not rotating squads, I ended up with an A-Team of Colonels, B-Team used to fill up the A-Team's ranks with competent, but noticeably worse soldiers, and a C-Team of rookies (and a tank).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I love this game. I think I'm st the end of the campaign on normal. And have loved every minute of it so far. There have been some highs and some lows, like when I lost four countries support early on in the war. But it's been great.

I am looking forward to DLC, expansion packs and sequels (I can dream right?)

Was this a worthy replacement of UFO: EU? No.

Was this a bloody good game based on the UFO/XCOM universe? Hell yes.

I think someone also mentioned Xenonauts - which is closer to the original.

In any case, for anyone who's already completed the campaign and wishes to try something new, there are a wealth of mods over at Xcom Nexus.

I've tried a mod that allows you to intercept UFOs on their way to missions and also rebalances weapons and abilities - was quite interesting. There's a few more on there that may be worth trying to -- including enabling the previously hidden "second Wave" options in the game.

Archived