Eotech Replica for High-Recoil GBBR

AG1212

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why don't you go to get the official licensed Eotech for airsoft series at www.Eotech-L3.com? It's much better than those fake one.

This is all I can find on the EOTech site.

http://www.eotechinc.com/counterfeit-alert-how-to-spot-a-fake

I'd say you folks should lock your doors; but that's not going to help.

Edit; this user is on multiple sites spamming his store.

Just did the same. Fake.

Shame really, I suppose it would make sense for EOTech to make airsoft versions, I mean ours dont have to be waterproof or stand up to a 7.62, just a .22 at best! Don't need an NV function either.

IF they took out all the bits the military need and developed one for airsoft sold em for less id happily buy one.

I think if you cared enough about trademarks and recoil resistance, then saving up for a 2nd hand RS seems to make more sense, tacticool factor alone is worth it, not to mention as long as you don't break it, you can sell it for a good fraction of you got it for. A real Eotech officially licensed replica makes little sense, since unlike Magpul's stuff, i.e. magazines and motor grips, where they are mimicking but doing entirely different things, an officially licensed optics replica is essentially a crappy version of the real thing with "WARNING, THIS IS A REPLICA" in bold text engraved onto the face, which might even cause un-necessary confusion amongst RS customers.

The Bushnell one had the plug pulled.

The pixel look is an effect of the hologram.  Below is poached from some other spots; tell the details better than I can.

EOTech's create their reticle by shining a laser through a diffraction grid to end up with what you see.

It's the same as those cheap laser pointer toys with all the little caps you can replace to make things like smiley faces.

By virtue of the technology itself, you're going to get scatter and a "pixelated" look. All EOTech's look like this.

Stop looking at the reticle.

Turn down the intensity until it's just bright enough to see. Look through the optic at something 20-50m out.

When you focus on the reticle it's out of focus, as it should be, since it's set to look correct at distance.

The fringing effect comes from having interference of coherent light. It's normal.

The pixelated effect is what's called "laser speckle", and is present in all laser products. It's caused by collimated light reflecting from rough surfaces, causing interference patterns, and is a good indication that your Eotech actually uses a laser.

Eotech copies using LEDs don't have laser speckle.

Didn't see it on the first page or the last but, if you can get your hands on the older Hurricane series I have heard they are some of the best replicas you can find.

Don't know the kinda recoil you'd be dealing with having never owned that replica but friends of mine having run them on real steel AR15s with minimal issue. 

Still no where near as good as a real Eotech nor do I know how long it'd last on that setup but thought it be good food for thought.

Bad experience with Hurricane myself, it's the old reflex style replica like all airsoft Eotech, and got one with the arms lever mount, which snapped in half when I was mounting it in place not that long after owning it, which indicates they use cheese metal.. for the price they charge, there are plenty of much better quality real steel optics available that is likely to handle recoil much better, and won't have a mount that snaps. 

Archived