Kneepads question

Isamu

Right now I am using integrated kneepads on tactical pants and those are great, but sometimes I would prefer using remobable kneepads due to loadout style/colour or just discreet travelling.

Anyway, I have used bijans and those were impressive pads, but I find quite hard to find those in size S, Tan and shipped to Europe, that or my google-fu is weak as *suitcase ;) so I found these pads made by TMC, they look good enough, low profile, easy to get and not bank breaking

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/knee-pads-set-coyote-acm

Just need some info, opinions or options

Thanks for your time

Second to that, if you hurt your knee it won't be much better than your eye, or any organ on your face, or just the face...

Arc'Teryx LEAF Knee Caps rock, before that I used Alta knee pads, they're rather cheap they're strong but the elastic straps get loose after few years (!!) I would bet it will go another few years if I have the straps replaced.

After numerous blisters caused by external knee pad straps, I gave up on external knee pads.

Nowadays, I wear only pants with built-in knee pad pockets, such as the Crye-style combat pants and Truspec ACU-cut pants. But if there's requirement to wear pants which don't come with knee pad pockets in the future, I'll just ask a tailor to add the pockets. In fact, in order to attend OP: Irene 2012, I was able to get knee pad pockets added to a pair of DCU pants for US$15.

The knee pad pocket design I used was based on Truspec's 24-7 pants (see picture below). The knee pad pockets' openings were on the inner side of the pants and facing sideways. The tailor simply sewed two piecec of cloth on the inner side of the pants. The inner knee pad pockets work very well. My TMC combat pants' knee pads fit in there perfectly and stay in place.

33257L.jpg

top tip for external knee pads, to stop em slipping get an old pair of trousers, take take 4 belt loops of and sew them (or get someone with the skills to do it for you)  to the knee of your new trousers and thread the straps through the loops and hey presto no more ankle warming pads. (sorry if you've heard this before but if you haven't it certainly helps).

Archived