Electronic Bolt Stop? for AEGs?

bankz5152

Hey chaps,

Just wondering if anyone has made/developed a kind of electronic bolt stop for AEGs? I ask as over the past 5 years ive only used GBBRs though kept my TM P90 because its awesome, but it would be nice to have a stop fire function or bolt stop kind of thing built into my P90.

Personally no idea how this would work, if its even possible. Other thing is I use three different types of mags with different capacities.

Josh.

I assume you're aware of the (terrible, as far as I can tell) ASCU hop-up and bolt stop add on?

Easiest way would be to install a sensor in the hop-up, when the sensor detects that there isn't a BB in there it cuts the power to the motor. Pressing the bolt catch (or racking the charging handle on a P90) is required to restore power.

I wanted to setup a similar thing for my satie. Essentially what I wanted was an internal shot counter that would stop after 30 rounds, then you'd pull the charging handle to reset, giving me 10 "reloads" from a higchap before I actually changed the magazine.

I'd have a sensor to detect the piston movement and one to detect the charging handles movement.

This was because I was planning on going to a milsim event but I never went. my L86 counted as a support gun so I could use higcaps, but I still wanted the 30 round limit.

Usually it's difficult to have a sensor reliably sense the presence of a BB in the chamber of an AEG, even with making the hop chamber clear because once a magazine is empty the last few BBs will stay in the feed tube and can trip the sensor to say there is ammo, but wont actually feed, or the nozzle will activate the sensor. But for a P90, this is probably your best option, as the hop unit is upside down and you don't get those last four or so BBs that don't feed.

Some have tried low or midcaps and modifying the follower with a magnet then a magnectic sensor inside the magwell at the point where the magazine runs out. Unlikely to be space given the layout of the P90... that's where the gearbox is.

I even heard of someone wiring a switch into the track of every magazine, with contacts at the top of the mag that connected with a PIC inside the gun. When the magazine was inserted, the contacts were made and so long as the mag had ammo the circuit was complete and the gun would fire, when empty the switch would cut the control circuit and prevent the gun from cycling. Also when the mag was removed the gun wouldn't cycle due to the control circuit being broken.

Sounds like a heck of a lot of work.

Interesting idea. I doubt its something I will be able to do anytime soon, my time is just eaten away now.

I want it just because it would be a nice unique feature and further separate me from the hi-cap heroes. Went to a woodland game for the first time in over 2 years and all it was where people with M4s 600round hicaps just spray bushes until someone called hit. Not exactly a game of airsoft if you ask me. Then again it was fun nailing people with GBBRs :D

I want it just because it would be a nice unique feature and further separate me from the hi-cap heroes. Went to a woodland game for the first time in over 2 years and all it was where people with M4s 600round hicaps just spray bushes until someone called hit. Not exactly a game of airsoft if you ask me. Then again it was fun nailing people with GBBRs :D

Sounds like the typical small group at every single airsoft woodland game I have ever attended to be honest.

However such an idea would be nice though I would say either a hop area or barrel based sensor. Something that detected either the last round had fired or required you to drive fire a single round to get the conditions needed to trip the bolt catch sensor. Doing it as a mechinical option would be hard unless you had a lot of space in the gun near the hop and not much comes to mind in that department (except, oddly the P90 which has the firing hand grip just in front and behind it).

'FireKnife'

The Burst Wizard 3 has a programmable round count and a lead for wiring a reset switch into the bolt release and/or CH: 

MILSIM bullet counting and magazine capacity setting. Burst Wizard records every BB fired in Burst and fullauto firing to give you real steel like capacity setting. Once the magazine capacity is reached, a programmable fixed delay where the gun is lock out from firing to simulate magazine change time. Alternatively, a micro switch can be installed to allow manual resetting for even more real life experience.

They don't seem to be very good at marketing, but make a durable, versatile product at a fair price. 

The Burst Wizard 3 has a programmable round count and a lead for wiring a reset switch into the bolt release and/or CH: 

They don't seem to be very good at marketing, but make a durable, versatile product at a fair price.

That's pretty much exactly what I wanted for my satie, thanks.

Archived