Tokyo Marui AA12 Optics Rail

blobface

So this is more of a funding thread than anything else, hope this is allowed. All the optics solution I have seen for the AA12 haven't been satisfactory for what I want, as the real ones are too huge, proposed airsoft ones are too huge and ugly af, video games ones don't work because they usually get into the way of moving parts, so I decided to make my own. 

A.jpg

However, the CNC place I usually go to have to outsource this instead of doing it in house, so I have to get 10 of them as a minimum order, so I'm essentially looking for people who are willing to share the cost with me, posting this here for initial interest / reaction to see if I can manage to sell off 9. (the price range is likely to be around £35-50). It will be fully CNC'ed in 7075 aluminium. 

The following are FDM 3D printed tests crudely sprayed silver, I'm debating between black and silver as the final finish, 70% leaning towards silver: 

DSC05483.jpg

DSC05484.jpg

DSC05487.jpg

DSC05498.jpg

Front part and the back piece all have index shape so will not rotate when you tighten the bolt. 

DSC05488.jpg

Rail slot to retain iron sight picture when no optics are used. 

DSC05491.jpg

DSC05492.jpg

DSC05494.jpg

Printed another one and sprayed it black just to make sure I'm right about silver being better, I think it is:

DSC05499.jpg

Please PM me or leave a message if you think you'd be interested, so I can gain some confidence before I drop a few hundred pounds for a batch. Thanks!

Yeah that was my initial response to PureSilver when he suggested co-witness, the sights are so bulky that it's quite intrusive, that's why I opt for this initially, also I think it looked nicer that the rail kinda starts at the base of the sights. That said, I've emailed them and asked if it's possible for me to give them a different iteration, will do a print tonight and check it with a T1 (since that is the lowest sitting sight I have), perhaps I might aim for a 1/3 co-witness instead of straight on. 

Yeah that was the first thing I checked when I was told I have to do at least 10, shapeways is £180 just for part A..

As for SLS, I'll eventually put this on my shapeways store though for plastic and aluminium infused plastic, but that would be after I get rid of all 9, for the "hero version", I definitely want it to be in CNC'd 7075, as that's likely what a real one (if one existed) would be made out of, more of a pedantic preference than for practical reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So this happened: 

20160322-073401.jpg

Clear anodised 7075 aluminium. I have 10 of them... I'd ask for £40 each to cover the cost + shipping to your country wherever you might be, I think I'll start a sales thread parallel to it to, but please PM me for those who are interested, thanks. 

(Mind you I won't be posting them until at least after Easter as I'm going away soon, cheers) 

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived