LAW 80?

votkov

ok guys, heres the deal, i'm going to build my first custom gun, wether or not I can use it in a game, i dont care, it's just for sommin to do while i'm off work, but, i cant find the details i need

I think the gun is called an LAW-80, i'm not sure coz i've heard people refer to it as the LAW-88 so i'll put a link to a picture of it :)

LAW-80

Well, i've googled it several times & i cant find any good detailed drawings, idealy i would like side, top, front drawings so i can run it into a design for a bb launcher (usings a moscart or sommin, or maybe my universal RPG design, see this thread HERE)

I was going to make the M72 but it seems alot of people have allready done this or are currently working on it, so thats why LAW-80 is my choice

any help is appriciated, also guide on fireing them, ie the safty releases would be good :)

thanks in advance

BTW thats not the same one as in the link he posted

his one was 94mm not 88mm

Its a LAW 88mm-light anti armour weapon. And a link is here:

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/?filnavn=/p.../at4_custom.htm

its not exactly a LAW but its an AT4 rocket launcher.

Hope this helps!

Technically a one shot LAW of any description is not a deactivated weapon as it cannot be deactivated (due to it being safe in it's present form.)

Therefore putting a moscart in it would not be "reactivation" and thus would be legal.

Anyhow.... speak to SWIFT_VENGENCE he's a squaddy in the anti-tank platoon of his regiment. He'll know how to use one for sure, and hopefully have some good training manual diagrams.

hey guys, thanks for the help, I did forget to mention though, I was planning on scratch building it, not using a spent tube, so in that why I cant see any legal complications as long as i stick within the uk limits for the power, and also as long as this crappy new law does not get the complee go ahead :)

Technically a one shot LAW of any description is not a deactivated weapon as it cannot be deactivated (due to it being safe in it's present form.)

Therefore putting a moscart in it would not be "reactivation" and thus would be legal.

Are you absolutely, 100%, remembering you are potentially staking votkovs freedom on this, sure about that?

VC - I think your input may be useful....

Edit: so votkov is scratch building and should be ok, but just in case anybody else is thinking on the same lines....

but he was asking about the one in the link. which is not a LAW-88 :rolleyes:

i don't think spend LAW launchers are all that illegal seeings as one of the guys i sometimes airsoft with has 3 of them he got when he left the army. I don't think they'd give him illegal things to take away from the army now do you?

No, its the LAW 88 I think you will find El Boomo. I wasnt talking about the link.

Yeah, what speed says below! Tis illegal in England

I think the thing in the project section where the guy made a nerf-firing RPG from an old AT-4 tube has all you need to know. As in, the warning at the top.

I quote: "This project was built in the USA where such pneumatic rebuild constructions are perfectly legal. The intention of this project was to project a foam marker safely for wargame simulation purposes. No other purpose or intention should be construed or implied.

This project is posted here for information and entertainment purposes only. United Kingdom residents should note that it is against the law to attempt to reactive spent munitions tubes (such as used AT4s) for any purpose."

so the general feeling is No, not a chance. try it and get hauled to jail. Maybe. But check with your local police; if they don't know (and they probably don't, not off the top of their heads) then they can at least put you in contact with someone who does know. OR just look it up for you :D

In that case i will not do anything that risks anyones freedom. But R22 has a moscart firing LAW which he made from a spent tube, so surely he must know?

Yes mate, I'm not saying you're wrong, but it is a little dodgy if you aren't 100% on that.

As ghost rider quite rightly said, there is a (7.62mm i think) spotting rifle mounted on the bottom of a 94mm LAW. Although they can't be reloaded (not simply anyway), I wonder how many in circulation are properly deactivated....

The thing is, it's one of the gray areas this sport has in spades.

An M72 law is basically a big spent cartridge.

Dear Mr Wong

Please accept my apologies for the delay in replying to your unusual e-mail

query, shown below.

As the M-72 Light Anti Tank Weapon (Law 66) is a plastic disposable item

that can only be once, if it is used/spent then it can be held without

need for any type of certificate and does not require any form of

deactivation.

Yours sincerely

Sonja Gutteridge

Firearms Licensing Officer

Ergo, it is not a weapon that required de-activation. Thus, putting a moscart in it is not "re-activating" it, as it was never "de-activated" in the first place.

The law 80 has a 8 round (IIRC) 9mm spotting rifle built in, so as said above that may well be dodgy ground.

But the '66 is just a spent casing as ghost said, so it should be perfectly legal.

I used to own a spent '66 tube, and had it hung on the wall of my room, and no one ever said a thing so they are certainly fine to own at least.

Archived