9/11 pilot's father comments on London Attacks

Phoenix

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My point was that there is the viewpoint that replica firearms cause crime, and if they are banned, there will be less crime.

Substitute replica firearms for religion, and some people are sounding mighty stupid.

There are two important differences here, firstly- Replica firearms have no effect on how we make our decisions, religion does.

Secondly, Replica firearms are a tool used by yobs to threaten people, they aren't the cause of their behaviour, Religion however is different.

Islam states that only a ruler/leader of a country can call Jihad, and when called he will use his army, not civilians and certainly not suicide bombers.

Also, Jihad can only be called if that leader's country is being invaded/attacked, and only against the invading army, not other civilians.

That is Islam. That also sounds quite sensible to me, we have similar laws in the West for the ROE of war.

What these terrorists are doing is not Islamic, just as the Crusades were not Christian.

They are performed by people who claim to be followers of that religion, yet their actions prove that they are not.

Ergo religion is not to blame, but people's inablilty to follow religion is to blame.

Saddam was still killing Kurds post GW1.

He was however slaughtering Shiites in the South.

The alies had hoped to cut off the retreat of Saddam's Elite forces, leaving him weakened, and opening the way for a Shiite uprising which the US said it would back.

Unfortunately the Elite forces retreated faster than the allied forces could cut them off, leaving Saddam enpowered.

With the UN only giving permission to get Iraqi forces out of Kuwait, the allies couldn't take it to Baghdad and finish the job, and couldn't support the Shiite uprising.

Stormin' Norman gave permision for Iraqi helicoptors to safely fly in the no fly zones.

Saddam used his gunships to attack and slaughter the Shiites, then moved troups in to pretty much finish the job.

How quickly people forget the mass graves that were found, graves full of 10s of thousands of men and boys killed by Iraqi forces post GW1.

That is the reason why I supported regime change in Iraq, to stop the genocide, I just wish the allies had spent more time planing it (or even some time planning it as it's looking like they gave hardly any thought to post combat operations)

Archived