CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im 13 :P

And yes I know this gun will be heavy, but im not exactly weak in any way. I had arm surgery last year so I had to go into physical therapy I left that and continued lifting weights and such. So Im sure it will be quite heavy, but with a sling, I think I should be alright :)

I know this is a semi-necro, but I'm 13 and just ordered one with my own money, so don't judge. :)

well I got my front sights kicked off the other day, i was not pleased. anyone know where i can find another one? been looking everywhere.

thanks for any help,

Jackal.

That happened to me too comrade :(

I super glued mine back on,

But I do know you could replace it with the STAR M249 replacement front sights.

I finally got my own CA M249, and I must say I am impressed. I have owned both a STAR M249 and a VFC MK43 and this gun hands down beats both in performance and quality IMHO. One of the most pleasant traits I found was how heavy it was! I was quite surprised to find the Para is noticably heavier than my MK43 despite it being smaller. After fiddling with it for about half an hour I decided to go out and shoot her. She shoots well, but I was really put off by the small battery capacity and the stupid boxmag. I'm used to my old support weapons, both of which fed automatically when you pulled the trigger. Luckily I'm not a complete moron when it comes to electronics and after about half an hour of disassembling and soldiering I had the battery rerouted to the boxmag and the feed mechanism wired to the trigger. Now with a 9.6v battery and auto feed I was ready to try her out again. WOW, this gun is a beast!!. With the larger battery the ROF was crazy and I emptied the whole mag in about 1 min. I am definetly pleased with my purchase! Later I'll probably buy a CA cloth mag and see how that works out. Has anyone tried one yet?

A couple of pics:

DSC_0118.jpg

DSC_0119.jpg

i will take some pics with my cellphone tomorrow but how do i change the handguards ? can anyone please help me with that ?

fnfr3ger look Inside the space where the bipod folds into, there should be 4 allen screws, two on each side. Unscrew them to remove the handguards

Archived