CA249, inital impressions.

Screwschom

I must say, the gearbox of the M249 purrs like no other CA, TM, or ics gun I have ever shot. The shots are soft sounding and the gear noise is at a minimum. (8mm bearings have anythign to do with that?)

Spring can be changed by taking one pin out, lifting up the feed tray and pressing a lever. Of course you would never go over the provided 1j spring...

I shot a 800rd burst (continous without letting off the trigger) and emptied a 2400 rd box mag in under 5 min.

...didnt even pop the fuse.

The hop up is the nicest hop up... peroid. I adjusted it once and havent touched it.... something I cannot say for other CA guns I have owned and worked on.

The body is actually WELDED metal and looks absolutley beautiful.

MkII stock is very sturdy and holds 9.6v battery w/o mods.

Rear sight is nice.

Solid and useful folding carry handle.

Quick release barrel, with the flick of a lever the whole barrel assembly (outter and inner) comes of in 2 seconds, this allows easy clearing of jams in the field too.

I also got a CA M249 electric winding box mag with mine... very nice, little bit of a tight fit but thats not a bad thing. The box mag feeds flawlessly!

Effective range seems just below that of a M120 upgraded long rifle. Definatley the best shooting stock gun I have ever used!

Things that I dont like:

CANNOT get the flash hider off... but I haven't given up yet.

Ejection port does not open.

Spring tension on bipod legs could be stiffer.

Feel free to ask me questions about the M249 and requests for pics on cartian parts.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3d400d41.jpg

4c36b89a.jpg

2851ef9a.jpg

88704c78.jpg

ca249004.jpg

ca249005.jpg

ca249006.jpg

(Negative power lead purposely disconnected for pics)

ca249007.jpg

While applying pressure to the spring guide, press this lever to release the spring guide out of the back of the gun.... I hope this part doesnt wear down and fail. It seems to be made out of high quality metal.

ca249008.jpg

Spring guide, and back of spring sticking out once spring guide was released. Simply slip in a new spring and push the spring guide back in and your done.

So much for the theory that these CA SAWs are going to look cheesy. Not much rationalization for not getting one any more. Should probably go hide my credit cards until AEX has gotten and sold out of their first shipment.

Thanks for the great pictures.

Ok, questions:

1) the box mag is obviously not standard, but does the box come with the fake bullet belt, or did you add that yourself?

2) How heavy is it? Is it gonna break your back skirmishing with it?

3) Anyone who ordered one, how much was it?!

Must.....resist.....urge......

Ok, questions:

1) the box mag is obviously not standard, but does the box come with the fake bullet belt, or did you add that yourself?

2) How heavy is it? Is it gonna break your back skirmishing with it?

3) Anyone who ordered one, how much was it?!

Must.....resist.....urge......

I ordered my from A2 for £699

Archived