kwa usp compact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think it would matter leaving it cocked...

and on the glock, the buttony thing is just one thing, you just cock it back, pull the buttony catch thingy up and slide the slide off.

edit: and on the DE is it hard stripping it?

Edited by Guest
Are you sure you've stripped a Glock? :P There's a lever on either side of the frame that is moved DOWN.

As for the DE, nah, it's fine. GO have a play with my old one. :D

:zorro:

o yeah, its down, but other than that... yeah.

how does the slide come off on the DE? i'll have a look in a day or two, when i see my friend... :)

I think his one was just machined wrong. The next one fitted ok I believe.

The second one didn't fit because the blowback mech was scraping against the inside of the slide, on the top.

I think this was probably caused, however, by me removing the little nodule on the side of the mech in order to get it to fit into the original (incorrectly milled) slide. Which was a stupid thing to do.

Still, she works properly now. I just want a better recoil spring (the G19 OEM one is still quite slow).

Removing that part of the piston unit was the right thing to do. SD said they would come out with a 2nd gen USPC slide that didnt copy every dimension of the plastic slide which needs to be bent to get the piston unit in and out. I havent seen it yet though.

The cylinder scrapes against the top of the metal slide because the tolerances on the SD slide are stricter. It should just clear itself up though, because the plastic of the cylinder wears down from its contact with metal.

Sorry the G19 spring isnt working out for you. I guess it was my luck. Try putting a stronger recoil spring from a bigger Glock in your gun. The USPC has no trouble getting that slide back with enough force, its the return that needs help sometimes. On a side note, this is what happened when I added a high flow valve with a Protec super speed recoil unit (they dont call it that for nothing) and some green gas in hot weather:

aaa3602c.jpg

The lower frame cracked because the recoil put too much stress on it. Looks like Im going to have to buy yet another USPC. Yeah its dedication, I know.

Edited by SilentScope
  • 2 months later...