Another M4 for my loadout

expvideo

In your opinion... which M4 would be best for this plan...  

27 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion... which M4 would be best for this plan...

• G&P M4 for realism
    • ICS M4 for split gearbox simplicity
    • CA M15CQB for RIS with good battery placement
    • Other (AR varients only, I'll explain in post)

OK, so I already have a CA M15A4 RIS, and I need a new gun for my loadouts. I have an all black SWAT style loadout for CQB, a MARPAT/OD loadout for Woodland, and an OD and Black SWAT style loadout for Urban (soon to be adding an urban camo loadout).

What I want is to paint a gun OD for woodland (and possibly for urban). I only use M4's because I plan to be working for a police department that issues them. So I like to play/train with what I'll be using. I would love a G36, but it's just not going to happen, so please refrain from "armalites suck" comments. If you have a problem with armalites, search for the right topic to post in. This isn't it.

Anyway... So I want to paint one gun OD, and leave one black, so my options are:

-Get a G&P and decide which one to paint OD, and which one to leave origional

-Get an ICS for ease of upgrade and split gearbox, and and paint it OD (since it has a horrible finish, IMO)

-Get a CA M15CQB with silencer, and paint the old CA OD.

-Other? Please suggest.

Your opinions are appriciated.

Aaron

<_<

Since you live in the USA, the FPS limits of the UK don't apply to you. That's where the ICS begins to show its weaknesses - with springs that shoot at US woodland limits, the ICS split gearbox is actually weaker than the standard version 2. ICS runs very well up to 1J, but over that and you're going to need extensive internal upgrades to stave off gearbox failure.

Several users at the airsoftretreat forums (www.airsoftretreat.com/forums) have reported on the weak ICS gearbox at high fps and high voltage. Apparently pistons strip and other parts go beserk at high fps's.

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...rms=ICS,gearbox

There are quite a number of posts from users regarding the problems experience with upgraded fps on an ICS Car-97.

Since you appear to not have any problems with the CA, you might as well get another CA. They have some minor problems you may want to fix if you upgrade to woodland limits, most notably a weak hop-up rubber and the need for a better-sealing piston head. But if you know how to take apart the gearbox, you're better off with the CA as your woodland gun.

As far as I know about G&P, there are generally a lot of problems with their guns. People have reported missing parts in their hop-up, the selector switch has arcing issues, and even experienced users have not been able to pin down all the problems that need fixing.

However, G&P has great externals. If you're good with the gearbox and planning to go that route, cehck otu these threads:

G&P M4 Commando review with extensive discussion of fixing the gun:

http://www.airsoftretreat.com/forums/topic...?TOPIC_ID=76081

Other topics:

http://www.njaoc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=920

http://www.njaoc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=632

http://www.njaoc.net/forums/showthread.php?t=884

I hope that makes enough reading material for you.

Finally, your third option is to get a stock TM gun, upgrade the bushings, pop in some metal bushings and an upgraded spring, and buy a Guarder blank metal receiver to spraypaint. Guarder trademarkless metal receivers are just $90 at HK sites, and their quality and low price is unsurpassed. New TM M4s go for about $200-220 on ebay. So for 300 or so you can have a very reliable woodland gun with an awesome metal body. Guarder also makes an OD receiver, should you want to have a really unique-looking weapon.

Ok, I hope you haven't fallen asleep at this point. Good luck with whatever you buy.

Since you appear to not have any problems with the CA, you might as well get another CA. They have some minor problems you may want to fix if you upgrade to woodland limits, most notably a weak hop-up rubber and the need for a better-sealing piston head. But if you know how to take apart the gearbox, you're better off with the CA as your woodland gun.

-Get a CA M15CQB with silencer, and paint the old CA OD.

Just my 2 cents (well, technically, I didn't say either of those things, but agree with them). :)

I voted for the M15A4 CQB. Also a silencer and a good red-dot.

I was thinking a Holographic sight (probably EO-Tech), and a simple black silencer (since I have it already). Not to mention a Surefire (also have it already) and the sling goes without saying.

For the M15A4 RIS, I was thinking about the new G&P ACOG 4x with mock holo sight attachment (wgcshop.com under "new releases"). I'd really like to get the real thing (at least a real holo attachment), but it's pricey. And of course a G&P M203. I was considering a solid stock too. But I don't like them as much.

I like the suggestion, Zhang. I think instead of paint, I'll get OD parts. like an OD reciever, OD rail covers, front grip, and OD stock I don't know if it would look better with OD and Black, or strait OD. I guess I'll have to look around on the net and see which looks better.

Aaron

<_<

http://www.pc-net.com.tw/intrudershop/mmc/images/ENG_1.jpg

Above pic is from the guarder website showing the OD receiver and stock on an AEG.

http://www.intrudershop.com/show_product_e...p?idproduct=548

Above link is Guarder product page for OD trademark-less receiver.

They also make OD receivers with trademarks, e.g. the marine trademark.

http://www.pc-net.com.tw/intrudershop/mmc/images/ENG_1.jpg

Essentially the gun in the banner is what I want to do. Just a black version for CQB, and a green and black or solid green for woodland. I like that. How could I forget that I want a RICO Alpha 9 torch grip?

Aaron

<_<

hey i love m4s man thats my next gun

but would i suggest a sg552 that gun is PIMP

its CQB and all black

but for m4s y not an m733??

unless u got one...

Well I would go with the M733 if I was on a budget, but since I can afford to go with the CQB, it seems like a better option.. Not everyone needs RIS, but I actually use it, and besides, it comes with a metal body and one-piece metal outer barrel (no wobble). 733 is a good option for people wanting to start a project, but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg, though. Good idea! I think I'll go CQB though.

So still interested in ICS and the CA CQB. I guess I can cross G&P off the list, unless someone has a good reason why to keep it on there.

Aaron

<_<

EDIT: and as for the SIG, I'd much preffer it, but I have to stick with M4s. I can tell from your post that you know that, as you said "but for m4s y not an m733??" Thanks for the suggestions. I know the Sig is a great weapon, and I'll probably eventually get one of those too.

Well I would go with the M733 if I was on a budget, but since I can afford to go with the CQB, it seems like a better option.. Not everyone needs RIS, but I actually use it, and besides, it comes with a metal body and one-piece metal outer barrel (no wobble).  733 is a good option for people wanting to start a project, but not wanting to spend an arm and a leg, though.  Good idea!  I think I'll go CQB though.

So still interested in ICS and the CA CQB.  I guess I can cross G&P off the list, unless someone has a good reason why to keep it on there.

Aaron

<_<

EDIT: and as for the SIG, I'd much preffer it, but I have to stick with M4s.  I can tell from your post that you know that, as you said "but for m4s y not an m733??"  Thanks for the suggestions.  I know the Sig is a great weapon, and I'll probably eventually get one of those too.

expvideo, what Police department use M4's. Lemme guess the Seattle PD

Out here, the majority. But pretty much all of the County Sheriff departments do. Specifically King County (the one I want to be in). Lynnwood, however (where I live), has the highest paid police in the state (Port of Seattle excluded) and make them supply their own assault rifle. However they can carry whatever they want. Most of them carry Bushmaster M4's though.

Aaron

<_<

Out here, the majority.  But pretty much all of the County Sheriff departments do.  Specifically King County (the one I want to be in).  Lynnwood, however (where I live), has the highest paid police in the state (Port of Seattle excluded) and make them supply their own assault rifle.  However they can carry whatever they want.  Most of them carry Bushmaster M4's though.

Aaron

<_<

If I supplied my own Assault Rifle, I would so supply meself with a G36K.

Well I agree with the above, if you had the oppertunity to supply yourself, I'd go with a G36k...

However, I'd reccomend the CA M15CQB since the new gearbox is tweaked and much, much better still than the previous CA AR's. On top of that, it's a bit shorter than your previous M15 so you get to train with a bit more of a variety, although I'm sure it'll make very little difference.

Is your old CA AR15 one of their old range? Or their new range? Either way you should notice the difference with the improved gearbox. It's more accurate and quieter IIRC.

Edit: Oh and paint your old one.

Well I agree with the above, if you had the oppertunity to supply yourself, I'd go with a G36k...

However, I'd reccomend the CA M15CQB since the new gearbox is tweaked and much, much better still than the previous CA AR's. On top of that, it's a bit shorter than your previous M15 so you get to train with a bit more of a variety, although I'm sure it'll make very little difference.

Is your old CA AR15 one of their old range? Or their new range? Either way you should notice the difference with the improved gearbox. It's more accurate and quieter IIRC.

Edit: Oh and paint your old one.

New range. I'm thinking what I'll do is get the CQB and add a silencer for length. then it will be like having a full size ( for handling) while giving me, well, a silencer for cool looks!

New range.  I'm thinking what I'll do is get the CQB and add a silencer for length.  then it will be like having a full size ( for handling) while giving me, well, a silencer for cool looks!

Wll you shoudl just get a G36K. Because if you get a CQB, it'll probably be the same length. And cost less

but commando, the whole point is that he's gonna be using an M4A1, or most likely a varient of the AR's. So he needs to stay used to the feel of an armalite so when it comes to using the real thing it feels as comfortable as possible. If he's used to the feel of a G36k which has an entire different feel due to shape and dimensions then Aaron may not feel right using an M15 again, or atleast it wouldn't feel as much of a "second nature" as it could. With the barrel length, I suppose the length of the gun can effect how similar it feels, but the barrel length wont have many other benefits as a real steel barrel length of the same size, would shoot much, much further. Sorry if it seems like I'm having a dig mate, I'm not, just saying anything other than an M15 probably wouldn't be as suitable.

New range.  I'm thinking what I'll do is get the CQB and add a silencer for length.  then it will be like having a full size ( for handling) while giving me, well, a silencer for cool looks!

Yeah I'm getting a CA36c this week (provided I don't take any longer making a decision) and I'm probably sticking a silencer on the end because I'm not used to having such a small barrel out of the foregrip considering I'm used to an SR16 (TM equivilent of your current gun correct?). I'll most likely extend the barrel into the silencer aswell. Plus, like you said... For looks :P

Anyway, you can always get a CA36K in the future (airsoftwise) if you wanted to...

but commando, the whole point is that he's gonna be using an M4A1, or most likely a varient of the AR's. So he needs to stay used to the feel of an armalite so when it comes to using the real thing it feels as comfortable as possible. If he's used to the feel of a G36k which has an entire different feel due to shape and dimensions then Aaron may not feel right using an M15 again, or atleast it wouldn't feel as much of a "second nature" as it could.

What he said. I like the G36 more, but my whole purpose of airsoft (for me) is to develop skills that could be used as "second nature" as Mouse put it. So I can ONLY go AR. If that wasn't the case, I'd have a G36c for CQB and a G36e for woodland. If it's any consolation, I will be getting a g36c as well, so my roommate can play.

Aaron

<_<

Archived