bb's

Hvy gear

which would you recomend  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which would you recomend

• excel .2's
    • hfc .2's

o.k i just want to know what most people would recomend, i'm just about to purchase an ics mp5a3 from elite airsoft and will be picking up some bb's at the same time, i can get 6 bottles x3000 of excel wich is 18,000 for £22.00 or 20,000 hfc bb's for £24.00.

recomend away.

I use 0.2g Excels and they're fine.

I think in all the time I've used them I've found one, single, deformed BB.

Not saying there weren't more, but I only found one.

If you want to be scientific about it, your best bet would be to buy a couple of hundred of every kind of BB around then do tests and pick one, then buy in bulk

In the mean time, Excel are the ONLY BB I'd buy 30,000 of all in one go. They're possibly not THE best but they ARE predictable.

Basically, if in doubt buy Excel, unless you're SURE you can find something better.

well,

i just bought my ics mp5a3.....yay :D , and bought 1 bag of hfc and one bottle of excels.

i really wanted teh ics bb's but couldn't find anywhere that sell em or has them in stock at the mo.

Well i use ICS just cos i have an ICS gun basically :D also the fact that in the 10k or so ive come across i had one dodgy one... which still fired it just hit the inside of the silencer and fell the ground (it was crumpled) i assume it must have clashed funny with the hop rubber

i got a bottle of Excel .2s and a bag of HFC .2s sitting upstairs and im not too impressed with the Excels.

they all seem to have visible seam lines whereas the HFCs are seemingly (he he the pun) perfect.

plus the Excels are smaller it seems. i can load one more in2 my Glock magazine than i can with any other .2 i have ever tried.

yeah i read that thread, excels are smaller than 6mm but that makes em good for guns with tightend barrrels.

i'll use the hfc's for now and use the excels when i run out or for when i get i get a tightbore barrel.

i realy want the ics black bb's in bags of 5000 (not intrested in those speedloaders) , anyone know where to get them?

yeah i read that thread, excels are smaller than 6mm but that makes em good for guns with tightend barrrels.

i'll use the hfc's for now and use the excels when i run out or for when i get i get a tightbore barrel.

Wait a sec. Surely the point of a tightbore is that the bb rattles around less, losing less of its energy and accuracy through movement in the barrel? So if you use a tightbore, but then use sub-6mm ammo, doesn't that defeat the point of using a tightbore?

:zorro:

Ah, so the same problems I've noted with my .23s and other folks .25s. R22 had a thread about this in General Discussion a while ago, IIRC.

Yup, my EXCEL .25g bb's have seam lines <_<

Wait a sec. Surely the point of a tightbore is that the bb rattles around less, losing less of its energy and accuracy through movement in the barrel? So if you use a tightbore, but then use sub-6mm ammo, doesn't that defeat the point of using a tightbore?

Yes, yes it does :blink:

yeah your'e probabley right, i just read in that thread of r22's that some of the users use excels in there tightbore barrels cause they don't jam, i used to use teh white devils but they cost like £13 quid a bottle wich is just taking the p*ss as a lot of them have seem lines.

yeah your'e probabley right, i just read in that thread of r22's that some of the users use excels in there tightbore barrels cause they don't jam, i used to use teh white devils but they cost like £13 quid a bottle wich is just taking the p*ss as a lot of them have seem lines.

edit: on another note if i order bb's from the states or from hk will they be siezed?

Archived