new vest ideas please...

snip3r

Doesn't have to be modular...

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd_bds_tactical_patrol.cfm

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd_bds_tactical_land.cfm

http://www.bdstacticalgear.com/pd_bds_tact...ightfighter.cfm

One of these (12 mags) + a thigh rig with two triples or 3 doubles will get you what you need.

Haven't seen one of those - thought that S95 was PLCE belt and pouches?

The S2000 vest (WebTex copy, in my case) has two pouches, with three mags per. The Assault Vest (Arktis copy, as reviewed on the SG13 site has 4 three-mag pouches.

But.

<Sorry, name off page> was sooo right - the two centre pouches limit your ability to crawl. "Yes, my bum does look big in this. And gets shot at" :huh:

Uhndoing the zip (on the vest! :o )spreads the vest somewhat - alloowing you to get your belt buckle near to the ground, but gives you back the confusion about smock/vest pockets.

And chucking a mag between vest & smock (only for it to drop later) instead of into the "map pocket" (quotes because its full name is the "how to turn a map into sticky confetti after half an hour's sweat" pocket. Sorry for the mental images I've just left everyone with :P )

For ultimate carrying capacity get a Eagle Industries Warhammer

Eagle doesn't make a vest called the Warhammer. That one is an exclusive to Lightfighter Tactical. There's one available, in black size large.

Also, the Hellcat will hold six mags internally. The Tomcat is the rig that holds 12. The Tomcat version of the Callahan is perhaps my favorite RACK/plate carrier, but in terms of price and quality, ya can't really beat the TAG Plate Holder. That ranks as a best buy.

Seriously rethink running 20 mags. If you don't need all of them, why carry all of them? Basic load is 7, most guys here seem to want to run about 10-12. If the real door kickers aren't carrying 20 mags, are you sure you want to? If you do, have at it. It strikes me as a lot of weight you don't need to haul.

If you can stand going to 12 mags, check out the HSGI DACH. Ignore the Silverthrone and Logan. They carry a ton of ###### you don't need, and they're badly balanced IM-not-at-all-HO. If you like the plate carrier/RACK look, check out their weesatch. That one's sized smaller (the Wasatch is designed to be worn over an IBA) and was named by me. Although I got jack squat for doing so, I still think its a good rig for the price.

Do not pay more than about $300 for SOE/BDS vests. They're on EBay (keep tabs on user name Lightfighter_Tactical) all the time. Because they're not modular, their popularity has waned somewhat, but their quality is amazing. Nobody's gear is built stouter than SOE, and they are the world standard for LBV's.

There is no rig that's gonna be comfortable in the prone. It just doesn't happen when the mag pouches are where you can get at them easily when you're in any other position besides prone.

Another option you can find on ebay all the time is those idf vests, they come in recon, assualt and gunner vest styles. I just picked up a recon rig, very nice. I used to use a blackhawk strike vest but it really didn't hold all that much, so i switched over, its very well made and holds a ton of stuff.

ok thanks go out to all who replied :) if i owe anyone rep points for replying here then let me know and i will sort it...

been offerd a guarder MOD II vest for £40 posted brand new condtion....think its worth getting it?

My loadout holds 18 mags.  I have an OD cross draw vest from UTG (24 mags if you go for just mag pouches and no holster) and a 3 mag leg pouch.  I can hold 3 mags in each pouch on the vest and 2 in each on the leg.  Total of 24 mags.  Much much more than you need.

Aaron

Hell, I run 11 mags(STAR real-caps) on my ALICE rig and a thigh dump pouch, plus one in the gun. More than I will ever need. You might also want to look into the Guarder carriers for the "cost effective" MOLLE loadout.

20 mags does limit the number of possibilities for rig choices. I'd also suggest lightening your load if possible, to around 7-10 mags. As for suggestions, if you want to hold 10 mags... you could try loading out a weesatch or wasatch with dual m16 mag pouches, that would then add up to: 8+12 mags for a weesatch, 10+14 mags for a wasatch. Why you would do so is beyond me. Not only would this weigh you down, but it would make maneuverability difficult.

The downside to plate carriers is that they tend to sag when you dont put a plate in them, and when you add replica plates, it adds even more weight on top of the 20 mags you have in the rig.

If you're desperately needing to carry so many mags, I'd suggest to get a subload on your leg, or put a few on your belt. Distribution of weight is crucial for a full day of gaming.

If at worse, something with a cummerbund might be needed to hold all of your 20 mags, as this distributes the weight to the sides of your rig.

Yeah, looking at my Eagle CIRAS I could put... 11 magazine pouches from left to right. That's 22 magazines with doubles or 33 with triples. Where your back would literally snap from the weight.

Just go with 7-12 mags. That's all you'll need. If you really need to carry more mags, get a 3 day ruck and put magazine pouches on the pals webbing on the outside of the ruck.

The downside to plate carriers is that they tend to sag when you dont put a plate in them, and when you add replica plates, it adds even more weight on top of the 20 mags you have in the rig.

I have not had this issue with either the TAG Plate Carrier or the BHI CRCH with Back Plate carrier, but some plate carrier do have this issue.

The sotech callahan has this problem without plates.

i have a weesatch and really like it, so i would recommend that. If you absolutely have to have 20 mags on yoru front, heres what I'd say.

Go for a wasatch that will hold 12 inside, then put 4 double mag pouches on the front

Personally what I did was buy the weesatch, that holds 8 internally, put HSGI double mag pouches (holds 6 or 4 with pulls) on the front. So in my loadout I can carry 12 at any given time, then I also bought a Molle Leg panel from TT that I put my old generic BHI RACK Mag pouches on so that holds 6 so I could carry up to 18 at a time. But I hardly ever take the leg rig except on 24 hr missions or long engagements.

Just some ideas.

Heres what my WEESATCH looks like rigged up for 12 mags

WASATCH (12 mag version)

WEESATCH (8 mag version)

HSG UNiversal Mag pouch (hold 6 m4 mags)

I highly recommend these if you've got the money, cuz they have both velcro and clip closures so you can pick which you like. (alot of mag pouches only have velcro which is so annoying when trying to be quiet. For that reason alone I love the clip closure pouches)

HSGI 6 Mag + Pistol Mags leg rig

Would be really nice again if you've got the $$$

TT Leg rig (molle)

• 1 month later...

Here is my sugjestion take it or leave it. if 20 mags is a must them I think the best way to go is with a HSGI DACH https://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail...p?prod=HSG-DACH

and a drop thigh rig that hold 6 like the one tag makes http://www.rangerjoes.com/product_info.php?products_id=2204

and final put the last 2 in a mag clamp in your gun.

http://www.rstacticalgear.com/pd_tactical_mag.cfm

Here's more info on the BHI CRCH that I mentioned before.

To start with, I've used a lot of LBE's: BHI Crossdraw EOD Vest, MilTec SAAV, BHI Omega 1 Vest, Wyvern Trooper Chest Rig, Webtex Chest Rig, G&P FSBE, Point Blank Interceptor OTV, BHI Commando Recon Chest Harness, and a TAG Modular Plate Carrier.

I have to say that modular (MOLLE) gear is the way to go. I learned the hard way and bought a lot of gear before finding what I was looking for.

With all that said, I personally feel the BHI STRIKE Commando Recon Chest Harness (CRCH) is probably one of the most comfortable and versatile LBE's on the market.

With the addition of the BHI STRIKE Back Plate Carrier, CRCH can go from carrying just mags and batteries at small skirmishes to a full combat load for large events.

I've been using one for about a year now, and like I said, I find it to be the most comfortalbe of any LBE that I've used.

Here are some pictures:

CRCH Front

CRCH.jpg

CRCH Front Bib Up

CRCHBibUp.jpg

CRCH Bib Down

CRCHBibDown.jpg

CRCH Straps

CRCHBack.jpg

Back Plate Carrier

BackPlateCarrier.jpg

My CRCH with Bid Down - Front

CRCHFront.jpg

My CRCH Back -CamelBak HotShot Attached

CRCHHotShot.jpg

My CRCH w/ Back Plate Carrier Front

nmBHIPlateCarrier2.jpg

My CRCH w/ Back Plate Carrier Back

nmBHIPlateCarrier1.jpg

Just so you know, the Back Plate Carrier is purchased separately than the CRCH and provided you get the two at roughly the same time, the two just plug together. All you do is remove the shoulder and waist straps from the CRCH (via fastex buckles) and plug in the Back Plate Carrier.

I know you were looking for a woodland rig, but there just aren't that many out there. What I did was to get an OD CRCH and Back Plate Carrier and just use woodland pouches.

For woodland modular (MOLLE) pouches, check out the following:

Specialty Defense Systems / SDS

http://secure.specialtydefense.com/cgi-bin/sds/index.html

EMDOM

http://stores.skipjack.com/emdomusa/StoreFront.bok

Patriot Performance Material / PPM

http://store.patriotmaterials.com/view_category.asp?cat=52

Tactical Tailor / TT

http://www.tacticaltailor.com/

Just keep in mind, that with modular gear, you'll probably spend as much on pouches as you did on your LBE, but remember, you can put those pouches on any MOLLE gear. Additionally, with the introduction of MARPAT and ACU as official US military camo patterns, it MIGHT be difficult to find woodland pouches in the future. Amazingly, some manufacturers have already done away with woodland and some are even changing OD to a new color called foiliage, more of a grey green, than an army green.

Archived