UTG MPA4/5 SD conversion

bignaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tomorrow is Tuesday!! Do you know the inion size or whatever the hell you called it? After school I go STRAIGHT to the hardware store (Well, shop w/silencer THEN store) to get the union part to match the other half.

OR if not =( I will just go through I guess 8 million min-boxes and find it myself. Oh well! I hope this actually silences it! I'll be using a spring pistol silencer the guy has. The computer I'm using won't play the damn sound clip but damn I hope it makes it sound DIFFERENT or something...

Anyways <3 U!!

Oh ya... I WORK at UPS so I just give the tracking ## to a supervisor and he looks up what delivery truck it got loaded in so I can go in and snipe it out and walk home with i!! W00t no waiting! But bah skool oh well.

not yet. my buddy got it and got it to work. he said his silencer was a dff size than his utg. so he got a union that fit his utg then epoxyed it into his supressor. the supressor was a little big but some 90 sec. epoxy fixed that and now its perfect lol.

i compared my buddys stock utg to my sd and his sounds like its fireing way faster "silencer lol" we tested it and ha mine shoots fater dumping a 200rounf tm high cap faster than his lol.

i'll be going to the hardware store tomorrow might even pick up some orings for the stock utg im getting tomorrow but i did the bb to my wall crono and there about the same size dents as my KSC g26 what is shooting about 3** i dont know if its over the fourm limits but mid 300's with a .2 so im guessing mine is about 320 give or take 10 with a .2 what is really good. so maybe i wont need to fix the o ring so maybe when i get my new one it will be like my old one when it was stock.

i plan on getting a new tight bore that goes to just about the end of my silcener so improve stuff.

Bignaz, I hope you don't mind this side-topic to your thread.... Thank you thank you for the information about the union piece! It attached a cheap silencer I had onto my UTG mp5!

Materials used:

silencer_union_for_utg.jpg

1) The Union: 1/4" x 1 1/2" Brass Pipe Nipple ($1.59)

--- At Home Depot, there's a section with these things displayed on a wall. The one I bought has two ends that are the same size.

--- Tip: Bring the UTG orange muzzle with you, then you can match the end with whatever you find (thanks Bignaz!)

2) Black Electrical Tape

3) Silencer

--- HFC plastic airsoft silencer. ($4 to $5)

Link at xtremes.com:

http://www.xtremez.com/airsoft/product_inf...ck=yes&dept=210

And I think it's the same as this at ShortyUSA:

http://www.shortyusa.com/cart/viewitem.htm...NL=&CA=5&kiosk=

Also at Shorty, they have the metal version of it for 14.99, but I don't know if it'll work with the attachment technique described below:

Steps:

1) Remove orange UTG flash hider.

2) This is the tricky part!!!

--- Wrap a layer of electrical tape around one of the thread heads of the union, as well as some of the flat bare metal (to conceal the brass metal color). This is because the threads in the plastic silencer are smooshed together tighter than the threading on the union. The silencer socket opening is also a tad bit big and if you try to screw the silencer onto union, there will be lots of wiggle. For some reason, a layer of electrical tape on the threads allowed the silencer threads to 'mesh' nicely with the union threads.

tape_on_union_for_utg.jpg

3) Screw union into UTG muzzle socket.

union_in_socket.jpg

A pic showing the union wrapping just around the inner barrel.

union_over_inner_barrel.jpg

4) Smoosh the silencer onto the union as much as possible, then screw the silencer in the rest of the way. The electrical tape will twist a little bit when screwing the silencer over it, but it's a small cosmetic cost to pay for such a cheap upgrade. If the tape layer is too thick or the silencer just isn't going on nicely, try re-doing the tape job.

--Result: The fitment feels surprisingly robust! I thought it would turn out wobbly, but didn't. If the silencer is screwed as far onto the union as it can go, the silencer should align nicely and straight with the barrel/gun. Total cost: Around $10 (If you buy the silencer online, it'd be worth it to buy other things to make the shipping price more justified).

utg_with_silencer.jpg

Heyaz, guyz

First off, lemme thank you for putting in all the effort to let us know how to place a SD5 front end on the UTG MP5 (Under The Gun).

I'v been personally wanting to do this and I asked Static Zero how to do this and he didnt know. :mellow: So I think he was refering to me when he said "im know some one who will be happy to see this"...If he wasnt refering to me, then he is now. :P

Anyways, where did you buy the front end and for how much?

Laterz,

Sketch Fox

post-9900-1127371272_thumb.jpg

i like the look of the conversion when using an LPEG well MP5 to silence it. the UTG stock hanguard and long thin silencer. In my opinion looks pretty bad. I think thats because im such a huge US NAVY SEAL fan, cant get enough of that short fat silencer and thats jus the thing to look like a SEAL.

Ok guys as promised here were go. This upcomeing friday i'll be showing the conversion live on my web cam in a yahoo chat room so you can get live help and oneone who needs can ask questions.

i'll post more info when i hammerout a time but i'll have that before wed. Also if your new to AEG's i'll show you what you need for the conversion tools parts ect. as well as help you out with any outher things.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
i just bought the UTG mp5, but I cant get off the flash hider, it is like impossible to twist off, is there a special way to do it? thanks in advance

Yeah, I'm having the same problem. I've twisted till my fingers hurt. I don't want to just grab hold of it and possibly break it to the point I can't get it out. I also don't want to scratch and gouge it by using pliers. Stupid question, but which way should I be turning? Oh, and any other ideas to getting this thing off?

• 1 year later...
Yeah, I'm having the same problem.  I've twisted till my fingers hurt.  I don't want to just grab hold of it and possibly break it to the point I can't get it out.  I also don't want to scratch and gouge it by using pliers.  Stupid question, but which way should I be turning?  Oh, and any other ideas to getting this thing off?

Yeah, be freakin carefull. I completely snapped the orange piece in half.

The UTG's are glued in. (Well, some are, it seems a lot of people are having an easy time taking them out, and I really dont understand how)

So I figured to soften up the glue, soak it in some hot (boiling) water for a bit. well, in the end, I snapped off the orange piece. And found that someone borrowed my Dremel and somehow managed to burn it out. So I dunno what to do now. It should be interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried a different method. Couldn't get the pipe fitting in,cause of the stripped threads.

I ordered the metal silencer, because it had different fitting adaptors with it, and I found one was just a hair too large for the UTG barrel. So after some careful electrical taping, I got the adaptor on there good and snug. The silencer screwed onto that, and were all set. Its on nice and tight, but I cant glue the adaptor on because then i wouldn't be able to break down the gun.

silencer.jpg

Archived