S.A.S training day

cpaxton

Well ,I just got back from an S.A.S training day. It was run by ex regiment guys, and to sum it up , it was brilliant. The Instructors were great blokes and obviously really knowledgable. We learnt how to throw grenades, using the airsoft ones and blak firing ones, went in to a killing house using AEG's, Hostage rescue using a real combat shotgun with live ammo, did pistol shooting whilst patrolling, Unarmed combat, knife fighting and mine clearing and perhaps some other things I missed. The instructors walked around with their own AEG's really nice ones aswell- G36C with scope,lazer - M4 with 203 attachment -all in full metal!

You can find out a bit about it here : Regiment special events

they also host Escape and evasion weekend sand survival weekends.

I would really recomend it to all you guys. :D

EDIT: in the link provided it is slightly different to what I did, and IMO the updated version (the one I did ) looks better!

CPaxton - how much are those events? Any idea what dates theyre on aswell? I really badly want to get out in the field again now after reading that.

Also the E&E event... do you think that they give you training then tell you to bog off for three days? Because that would be awesome. Whereas 3 days of being told how to survive etc would just be boring.

You have a deal razer.

I dont need instruction. Ill just don my DPM and then go to sleep for 3 days in a badger set deep under ground.

Every day i sound more like dafool.....

Razer seriously- i think you should cash in on your CQB skills. Train me! I have money!

I might one day when i get old and greyGreyer

Well ,I just got back from an S.A.S training day. It was run by ex regiment guys, and to sum it up , it was brilliant. The Instructors were great blokes and obviously really knowledgable. We learnt how to throw grenades, using the airsoft ones and blak firing ones, went in to a killing house using AEG's, Hostage rescue using a real combat shotgun with live ammo, did pistol shooting whilst patrolling, Unarmed combat, knife fighting and mine  clearing and perhaps some other things I missed. The instructors walked around with their own AEG's really nice ones aswell- G36C with scope,lazer - M4 with 203 attachment  -all in full metal!

You can find out a bit about it here : Regiment special events

they also host Escape and evasion weekend sand survival weekends.

I would really recomend it to all you guys. :D

EDIT: in the link provided it is slightly different to what I did, and IMO the updated version (the one I did ) looks better!

hey very intersted in what you did, sounds and looks great, how much was it and where abouts? and when do they do these things?

thanks

Jas

LJ and Kenshin it cost quite a lot : £150 including lunch and drinks all day, but worth it IMO. I got it as a present through a company called Red letter days, but you can also book it through Regi,ent special events. See abouve link. The red letter website seems to be down at the moment but I think they sayy it runs only on saturdays.

LJ- I just read about the E & E one last night, and it looks bloody brilliant!

LJ and Kenshin  it cost quite a lot : £150 including lunch and drinks all day, but worth it IMO. I got it as a present through a company called Red letter days, but you can also book it through Regi,ent special events. See abouve link. The red letter website seems to be down at the moment but I think they sayy it runs only on saturdays.

LJ- I just read about the E & E one last night, and it looks bloody brilliant!

Red Letter days have been experiencing financial difficulties recently.

They've not been paying the fun day providers.

Had someone on the radio about a month a go who organises swimming with dolphins.

She hadn't been paid by RLD for a month and so was saying she would no longer be accepting people with RLD vouchers.

So it's probably best to book direct.

If someone's planning on doing this, maybe start a thread, or use this one, to get a group involved and see if they do discounts

Archived