Tm P90 vs. UTG MP5.......

Lightning10

for a newbie, which would be the better option?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. for a newbie, which would be the better option?

• TM P90 w/ a RDS
    • UTG MP5 with a few external upgrades and a RDS

I'm NOT looking to upgrade this gun internally, just leaving the insides stock.

now i've read in many places the UTG MP5 only gets around 250 FPS, which is 20-30 less than a standard TM. I am sure this will give me a disadvantage in range, but I am not sure how big of one, I hav never played anyone with a UTG and hav never seen one in action. so will i be overwhelmed by ICS guns w/ their high FPS or should I still hav a fair chance?

also, my questions go toward the reliability. I know the UTG had sum initial problems, but most of them had been sorted out. would the UTG MP5, the "clone" of the TM, hold up as well as a real TM? i've heard mixed stories about this and I'm not exactly sure what to think.

so, which do u think I will get my money's worth with?

thx for ne help u can give :)

Lightning

I don't own the UTG, but if I had the money and it didn't matter...I'd go with the TM P90 everytime.

I have a P90. I love it. It seems like there are an awful lot of threads on here about problems and so forth with the UTG's. They may be fine guns, but why risk it? As long as you don't care to spend a little extra cash, I don't think you'd be disappointed in the P90. I definitely wasn't!

Hannibal

My take on this is easy; the only question is if you're on a budget or not, and a bit of personal preference.

- If you're on a budget, get the UTG.

- If you MP5's better, get the UTG.

- If you like P90's, get the TM.

- If money is not a problem, get whichever you like more.

Reliability-wise, the TM would probably be the better choice, though as I stated in another thread, if you encounter small problems with, or feel the need to tinker/upgrade the UTG, we always have people here to help with that.

I know its not an option, and i am not sure how the prices compare over there, but the ICS MP5's are quite the guns. Solves that FPS problem, and give you the metal goodness. They will need a new hop-up bucking, which is cheap, but the stock one should last up to around 10K shots.

The most important thing though, is get whatever gun you like more. Airsoft guns are more or less created equal.

I have both. If you can afford it (and you like it, and it fits you), the TM P90 TR + RDS is the way to go. The UTG MP5 is a great gun, and it comes with a ton of stuff, but if you aren't willing to get your hands dirty you probably won't get the most out of it. Regardless, even if we were talking TM MP5 vs TM P90, the P90 wins every time in my book. ;) .

You *MAY* have issues with the P90 hicaps, but they can be sorted. Just pick up a Guarder AK/P90 double mag drop leg, AimPoint replica with a low mount, a pair of Intellect 8.4v 1200mAh mini batteries, a couple hicaps, and a Specter Gear HST P90 sling (that sling is so sweet!) and you're good to go. :)

Another thing which might be important to you is that the P90 is a bit more realistic seeing as how the real one is mostly plastic too.

I haven't seen the UTG MP5s but marui ones look fine until you knock, touch or scratch them when it becomes obvious that they are plastic. Not cos they get damaged easily but just that the surface scratches and chips with use and they begin to look a bit toy-like.

If you're like me then this'll get on your nerves a bit if the real gun is metal but, if the real gun is plastic it isnt a big deal.

UTG MP5 is a great gun, but power and accuracy wise, TM is a whole new league, and that's why the TM P90 costs more than twice as much as the UTG MP5. For CQB, you will not at much disadvantage with the UTG, but in wide open areas, you may desire more. If you are serious about airsoft, get the UTG as a toy plinking around after you already have a decent primary, or if you like to experience new things.

Archived