red dot scope

jordan2139

Yeah... Need the Info....

Also... I though a red dot scope and an aimpoint replica were essentialy one and the same.. or has everybody on this forum been lying to me?

Go away and use the spell checker. Then think about the number of psychic's there are on these forums. NONE! FFS man, we need to know!

here's what you could have said...

"What do you think would be the best for me? A generic red dot scope (EG, a Milspex or walther one) or a g&p aimpoint replica? I'm just wondering, as the one that came with my gun is too short to fit onto the weaver rails. Not sure what make it is, I'll try and get some pictures up for you soon.

Thanks in advance for the Help!"

See? Isn't that so much easier to understand?

And the advantage with redot sometimes are that it doesn't matter if you see the dot from another angle. ;)  The dot should still point to where the gun is going to hit.

Of course, in either case, anybody with half a brain will attempt to get the dot in the centre of the scope picture. ;)

Unless I'm mistaken, Jordan2139 seems to really be struggling with the setting up a scope. Maybe he'd be better off sticking to iron sights?

Or water pistols? <_<

With a proper red dot or holo-sight it doesn't matter how you look at it. You see the dot on the target, and you will hit. With other red dots than Aimpoint the POI shifts a bit, but with airsoft accuracy you can't notice it.

I wouldn't recommend putting the tube too high on the gun, because your cheek will soon lack the support of the stock. I'd rather do something about the battery box. Cheapest way is to move it to the side, but a better looking solution would be a crane stock. There are also magazine pouches that could hide the battery on the side of the stock without looking awful. With the battery in the rear, you get much better balance.

-Sale

Yeah... Need the Info....

Also... I though a red dot scope and an aimpoint replica were essentialy one and the same.. or has everybody on this forum been lying to me?

IIRC;

Aimpoint = Brand.

Red Dot Scope = A scope that projects a dot or recticle onto a plane of glass to aid quick target aqcuistion.

So an Aimpoint is a type of RDS.

If its too long, save up for an Eotech551 cos they are short, sweet and very beautiful.

Eh?

Seriously, do you have any clue at all what the thread is about?

The guy is saying that when he mounts the scope on the top rail of his armalite the picture is obscured by the PEQ box which he obviously has mounted on the foregrip.

Now, how the f**k is spending a stupid amount of money on an Eotech gonna help with this?

Does the Eotech have some X-ray function which isn't widely known about?

Stupid question, but what makes Eotechs some amazing?  They look nice, but what do they do that other RDS won't?

Thank you

Well...

They're a pukka gun sight. That's the first thing. Go and try to buy yourself a real Aimpoint or a real ACOG. Same deal. They're built to withstand the ratling they get when attached to a firearm.

As to whats whizzy about the Eotech, the "holographic" reticule is supposed to be quite snazzy in that if the screen is partially obscured or broken it'll still project onto any remaining portion of the screen.

TBH, any RDS would probably do the same thing to some extent, so long as you shifted your line-of-sight so you were looking through the unobscured portion of the lens but it's still a nifty feature.

TBH, I can't understand for the life of me why nobody has made a standard reflex sight which is a replica EOTech. Surely they'd sell like hot cakes?

i think that the positioning of the lens on the EOTech looks stupid (imo)

i think that mounting the lens at the front like this:

http://wolfarmouries.co.uk/airsoft/bb/prod...oduct&id=CAOP57

looks much cooler, and gives you a larger distance from eye to sight point, which gives better accuracy. (not much, but its worth mentioning)

IIRC;

Aimpoint = Brand.

Red Dot Scope = A scope that projects a dot or recticle onto a plane of glass to aid quick target aqcuistion.

So an Aimpoint is a type of RDS.

Yeah, prety much what I was getting at there :unsure:

An aimpoint is essentialy a Brand Name Shirt. A Generic RDS (Milsex etc) will essentialy be a george/tesco shirt.

*NOTE* - the above are metaphors. METAPHORS! Don't try to wear your red dot sight. It's not big, its not funny, and it certainly doesn't look as good with a tie.

Yeah, prety much what I was getting at there :unsure:

An aimpoint is essentialy a Brand Name Shirt. A Generic RDS (Milsex etc) will essentialy be a george/tesco shirt.

*NOTE* - the above are metaphors. METAPHORS! Don't try to wear your red dot sight. It's not big, its not funny, and it certainly doesn't look as good with a tie.

Roffleage.

Archived