PTW Owners

IBICO

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So do you think they would sell a civi a steel outer barrel seperately. I don't care about the froont sight as they would be comming off anyway.  I want the M16 Barrel anyway so I can cut it to length and then mill it for the M468 flash hider

I'd assume so, you'll have to try ordering directly and see what they say, if you got to z-shot they have a full parts break down, you'll have to then find the part number which also should have the price.

But I don't see why I would be a problem to order it at all. FYI the part you're looking for is BR-020-M4-S.

S for Steel, A for Aluminum, so that's the product code, the price is 204.10 USD according to the most current price list I received from kumi, hope that helps. On www.systema-engineering.com there's the oder sheet for the PTW, fax it in and see what happens.

Let me know.

Well since I'm almost done with this PTW, here's a general question, should I go hardcase (Pelican 1700) or a softcase?

hmm.. that Pelican looked nice :-) Do you know if the closed cell is for cutting? Want a case where I could cut the chape of the M16/M4 with the scope attached.

http://www.casesbypelican.com/pelican_1700.htm

APP-1700GUN-2PE click link to order

Price $ 195.00 rev. 10-27-2005

Gun Case with closed cell Polyethylene Bottom & Convoluted foam padding.

Bottom is filled with 2 pieces of closed cell Polyethylene foam, (2.12" thick and 1.06" thick base pad) Top: one piece of convoluted (egg-crate) open cell Polyurethane foam pad.

iBAWLS, that's the exact idea i'm going with, I'm going to do the Black Hawk 37" carrying case for skirmishes, and then on payday I'll be ordering a Pelican 1700 case and my Aimpoint 3x. I'd like the pelican for traveling, as when I go back for Operation:Irene 4 I'd like to have something I can just lock, put a shipping label on, and send off to my friend. But I'm definately going softcase right now, in fact just ordered it. Pelican will be on the 15th.

Aimpoint 3x and Pelican case, payday can't come soon enough!

HELP.. I bought two types of picatinny rails (RS) that is made in Israel. It is a type A and B.

Now I found out that the B type fit. But what would the A type fit to? It is not much different from the B. only a few millimeter to make it fit.. The guy that sold them told me that it should ALL fit M4/M16 handguard.. only one type A should fit thin and the B should fit thick..

picatinny.jpg

So type A not fitting? Hmm. One thing I can tell you for sure is that Systema PTWs handguards are an EXACT copy of the real steels. You'll see for yourself when you get the ones I'm senfing you.

Same exact dimensions, same distances in the holes and stuff... identical.

So I wouldn't know. But there are many variations of M4s (and M16s) out there, talking about the real steel stuff. For example, many things built for a Bushmaster may not work on Colts (if I remember well) and vice versa, just to give a hint...

So type A not fitting? Hmm. One thing I can tell you for sure is that Systema PTWs handguards are an EXACT copy of the real steels. You'll see for yourself when you get the ones I'm senfing you.

Same exact dimensions, same distances in the holes and stuff... identical.

So I wouldn't know. But there are many variations of M4s (and M16s) out there, talking about the real steel stuff. For example, many things built for a Bushmaster may not work on Colts (if I remember well) and vice versa, just to give a hint...

hmm.. maybe there is some thin handguard out there.. but where? :-(.. oh well..

One could be for the CAR handguards, which are indeed thinner than the M4 style.

I suspect the A-Type are the CAR versions, B is for M4. I had this same issue on my GG&G UFIR rail for my old M933, being that they are in fact different dimensions.

A friend of mine just got a gen2 m16 (He tought he did a good deal and that it was a gen3) But what possible upgrades can he make.

does the cylinderunit works. what spring do you recomend o install to the cylinderkit he got to get it up to 400 fps

what parts can he swap to get it as near as a gen 3 as possible?

A friend of mine just got a gen2 m16 (He tought he did a good deal and that it was a gen3) But what possible upgrades can he make.

does the cylinderunit works. what spring do you recomend o install to the cylinderkit he got to get it up to 400 fps

what parts can he swap to get it as near as a gen 3 as possible?

Mate,

people need to be careful when purchasing PTWs as some shops still have leftovers from the previous generations. Either the clerks in the shop don't know or don't want to know, so it is necessary to ask the right question ("Is it 3rd generation? Can you please confirm?") and examine the answer.

Obviuosly it's still a good rifle, but it carries the shortcomings of previous generations such as short battery life, limited power upgrade and somehow less trajectory accuracy.

In fact Systema has recenlty said that 2nd gens should not use any cylinder other than the M90, that comes standard in the rifle. I for one got confused over this last statement because if you go to zshot.com you will notice that it says clearly that second gens CAN load an M110 (but NOT an M130).

So I am not sure.

If I may express my unformal, unofficial version of the situation, you can use the M110 (the blue cylinder) inside 2nd gens, only make sure you don't "full auto it" for too long all the time, as the gears on 2nd gens are not the strengthened ones.

So what should one do to upgrade? I think Systema is already about selling upgrade kits for those owners willing to. In the sense that, you need the new electronic board, the gears, maybe the motor (not sure about this one) and you would be okay.

You can add the steel outer barrel (only aesthetics) if you wish to do so and the new inner barrel and the new hop up.

Bascially, these were all the sections of the rifles that have been getting newer implementations, to my knowledge.

One minor modfication that you can do on a 2nd gen (if you don't want to buy an M110) would be to open up the cylinder and change the srping. This has been done by several people (including me back then) and works well, provided you choose the right srping.

Mate,

people need to be careful when purchasing PTWs as some shops still have leftovers from the previous generations. Either the clerks in the shop don't know or don't want to know, so it is necessary to ask the right question ("Is it 3rd generation? Can you please confirm?") and examine the answer.

Obviuosly it's still a good rifle, but it carries the shortcomings of previous generations such as short battery life, limited power upgrade and somehow less trajectory accuracy.

In fact Systema has recenlty said that 2nd gens should not use any cylinder other than the M90, that comes standard in the rifle. I for one got confused over this last statement because if you go to zshot.com you will notice that it says clearly that second gens CAN load an M110 (but NOT an M130).

So I am not sure.

If I may express my unformal, unofficial version of the situation, you can use the M110 (the blue cylinder) inside 2nd gens, only make sure you don't "full auto it" for too long all the time, as the gears on 2nd gens are not the strengthened ones.

So what should one do to upgrade? I think Systema is already about selling upgrade kits for those owners willing to. In the sense that, you need the new electronic board, the gears, maybe the motor (not sure about this one) and you would be okay.

You can add the steel outer barrel (only aesthetics) if you wish to do so and the new inner barrel and the new hop up.

Bascially, these were all the sections of the rifles that have been getting newer implementations, to my knowledge.

One minor modfication that you can do on a 2nd gen (if you don't want to buy an M110) would be to open up the cylinder and change the srping. This has been done by several people (including me back then) and works well, provided you choose the right srping.

Like me. I bought a M16A2 Gen2 from www.uncompany.com . They told me that they where not sure if it was Gen2 or 3 but they was pretty sure it was Gen3.

When I got it I found out it was Gen2.

AND it got some faulty circuit board so it stopped firing after almost half a magazine. Now I have tried 3 weeks to get in touch with Uncompany without luck.

Now I have to upgrade my Gen2 with Gen3 circuitboard from Systema.. this would cost me some $$$ I guess.. Not heard from Systema yet but It would porbably be some $$$ in upgrade.

I can't say I've read through the entirety of the thread, so sorry if this has been asked before...

Having said that, this is for all PTW owners out and about. Is the price tag really justifiable? I'm sure it had to be for you to dish it out, but is the AEG really terribly different from the higher end metal body customs that airsofters are making?

I can't say I've ever seen one in real life, and we all know that if it feels like 1grand in your hand then it's defenitely worth that (similar to high grade watches, food, and such). Just gotta feel right.

It's been asked before, but not on this thread, I am all about sharing information and making constructive discussion, so at least from my part, worry not.

It is a difficult question the one you're asking. It is difficult because it's very subjective i.e., it depends on you. I can only list you the things I personally enjoy about these, as well as those that I wish were different.

Positive things listed with no order:

- Feel in your hands. It IS different, very.

* Pistol grip is thinner than Marui/compatible replicas as well as the body (thinner). It's as thin as on real steels. Will it make a difference for you? I can say not.

* Generally speaking, it's sturdier than 99% of Marui/compatibles, including the ones with metal receivers and metal outer barrels. No wobbles, no moving parts.

* Well balanced. They claim it's the same balance as a real one.

* So to wrap it up, you feel like you're handling something real. You do feel the "expensiveness" of the thing if I may say so (i.e., its value) , 100%.

- Features

* won't shoot when out of BBs

* simulates the bolt catch thing when you load a new mag

* upgrades in an innovative and easy way, i.e., you choose your FPS (now 4 different modes, M90, M110, M130 and M150).

* accepts real steel parts but specifically, RIS/RAS (naturally every replica will accept an Acog or an Aimpoint, ... ). It does accept real handguards and RAS just like the real ones. A few minutes, where you don't have to adjust anything or worse, dremel anything. Applies to minor but lovely details, such as sling rings, ...

These are the ones that I like, and that do make a difference for me.

What I don't like? There is one thing only, and I've never mentioned it before: magazine capacity.

They will "only" load a maximun of 120BB per mag.

I know of several countries where this not only isn't an issue, but also, desireable.

Not in Italy :rolleyes:

People here have a tendency for high caps. Very high. As high as you can go, they'll have it.

So - to tell you the truth - having less BBs per mag is a disadvantage whn playing against these people. You still can outperform them, but you need to be more skilled than them, both tactically and phisically (run, .... ).

This is the only single thing that every now and then gets me, and makes me roll my eyes and think, "should I also have a Marui with me every now and then"

;)

Archived