"Real" airsoft gernade launchers

Donut

http://www.airsoftcore.com/postp292797.html#292797

That's my idea for a "real" airsoft gernade launcher. (I'm Church on airsoftcore, and Grif on airsoftretreat, that's right, I love RvB :P )

I don't know much about those airsoft gas gernades so if there's anything I missed or misunderstood, please correct me.

Any comments? questions? Ideas? flames? all welcome.

surely thats just a bit silly? as firing something like that, that uses water to propel it, if im not mistaken, could *really* hurt if for some reason it doesnt explode.

Also, i dont knwo about other people, but im not overly keen on playing with posh water bombs around my airsoft gears.

one more thing, this may or may not fit down the barrel of the launcher, whats to say it wont?

surely thats just a bit silly? as firing something like that, that uses water to propel it, if im not mistaken, could *really* hurt if for some reason it doesnt explode.

Also, i dont knwo about other people, but im not overly keen on playing with posh water bombs around my airsoft gears.

one more thing, this may or may not fit down the barrel of the launcher, whats to say it wont?

The water is not going to hurt your gear, and it really wouldn't be lobbed with any more force than one could throw it, if it has any range at all. My suggestion is to try it out with out any "LIVE" targets to see if it can even be possible. Next Shoot the launcher at the box with a shower shell then with your proposed payload, a good range would be 30 feet. Compare the damage to the target, if it's worse than the shower shell I'd say fail. If that still seems safe try playing with the grenades thrown by hand, then if they are still safe try your idea in a skirmish.

Just so you know, those bb grenades really have only like 50 mL of water in them, and it ends up being more of a mist. I'm gonna be skirmishing with them for sure around mid December, and I'll give a full review on them if you would like.

And that would be and incredibly cool idea, but I don't think the gas grenades have enough juice. Maybe make something more like a spud gun? Compreessed air in one sealed tube, 'nade in another, conected with a sprinkler solenoid valve.

Eh, I built an airsoft grenade launcher out of an old HK flare gun once. I probably shouldn't go into details because people would get antsy, but it involved empty shotshells, cannon fuse, parallel wound cardboard tubes, and explosives.

Obviously I couldn't use it to skirmish or anything but it was lots of fun and an interseting project.

Wouldn't the force of the gas to propell it set the grenade off?

Actually, that's a pretty good thought. Research is in order. We demand it!

Actually, it would be pretty neat if it worked. Now, I'm picturing some sort of cardboard tube arrangement to keep a shell and a grenade together as one 'round'...

I'll be getting some of them soon to try it, and I'll see how much force is required to set it off, and determine if it'll work... too bad I don't have a launcher, maybe it'll be an excuse to get one.

EDIT: I might just make a grenade launcher out of PVC and wood for this test. All I need is a 40mm PVC pipe, a madbull C02 grenade, a mil sim grenade, a piece of wood, a metal rod to set off the C02 grenade (as far as I can tell, something in the back of the gas grenades needs to be pushed to set it off), and some sort of filling pudding to ensure a good seal.

As said before, the water isn't too much and it won't damage your gear... And the force of the grenade won't be anything too big, probably the same as you could throw it.

It would annoy me if i was showered with water whilst holding an expensive AEG. Why not just accept whats on the market?

The madbull grenades can fire paintballs, bbs, foam darts and the GB tech ones fire rubber slugs.

What does your idea do that these don't?

1. AEG's are pretty much immnune to water, I've seen people submerge TM AUG into water and it'll still shoot fine, granted, the first few shots were off but the gun works non the less.

2. I like the grenades already out in the market, I'm not saying I don't like them, just that a more realistic one can't hurt

3. The current 40mm grenades in the market are more like shotguns than grenades, my idea actualy launches a grenade that explodes upon impact and shower bb's.

got out the calpers, 39.5MM I.D. for SCH 40 1.5" pvc, however the ID of PVC is not as controlled as the OD and does change from pice to pice. eather way it takes very little sanding to change the ID by a MM or so.

Green gass Shower shells can pack a punch, don't underestmate them, people have dented in car doors with the GB "slug" rounds. the power on the CO2 mad bull would be off the charts.

Yes there are ways to launch the grenade with out it going off ("heavyer" impcat triggers are avalble). but its probly not the safeist idea I can think of.

"if im not mistaken, could *really* hurt if for some reason it doesnt explode."

YEP... keep in mind the grenade dosen't "explode". they are not water balloons so they don't pop and distubute the force over a wide area. The weigh in @ about 100 grams, 3X the weight of a nerf and are about the same size. given those specks we realy don't feel they are suited to beoing "launched" @ humans. I am sure there is "safeish" FPS for them out there but I judge every think we sell by the "whould I put this in the hands of a noob and let them use it on me" method. And I have no instrest in geting hit by one of thes @ higher speeds. Yes every on says "as fast as some one can throw" but what if forgotten is people tend to atumatilcy adjust the speed of the throw to match the range of the target .

Just so you know, those bb grenades really have only like 50 mL of water in them, and it ends up being more of a mist. I'm gonna be skirmishing with them for sure around mid December, and I'll give a full review on them if you would like.

And that would be and incredibly cool idea, but I don't think the gas grenades have enough juice. Maybe make something more like a spud gun? Compreessed air in one sealed tube, 'nade in another, conected with a sprinkler solenoid valve.

You want more juice? Buy red gas, or use straight CO2 (as opposed to controlled CO2 via gauge or whatever the heck they use). :mellow:

The design of these grenades are very simple, and they offer very reliable explosion, so I doubt it will hit you as a dud...

Also, these grenades have a max pay load of 200 (and that's streching it) so we'll go with 150 bb's X .12G = 18g... so it's really not that much...

"The design of these grenades are very simple, and they offer very reliable explosion, so I doubt it will hit you as a dud..."

as I said earlyer... they don't "explode" so regardless of it is a "dud"(very unlikly ;) ) or not it will hit with the same force

"Also, these grenades have a max pay load of 200 (and that's streching it) so we'll go with 150 bb's X .12G = 18g... so it's really not that much..."

you are forgeting the 60ml of water @ 1 gram per ml, the body @ 7 grams, and the fact that .2s work much better then .12s in the grenades and .25s work even better. Unlike an air powered system, there in little change in the FPS when changing bb weights (water dosen't compress), so heaver BBs give you better perforamce.

as for "max playload" most people just load the 200 to insure the best peformance, sure every onec and a while there are some bbs left in the body, but it insures the most bbs get shot out.

If it was realy a good Idea don't you think milsimlabs would be shouting from the roof tops "check this out"?????

when full they are about 48-50MM so it is dought full they will fit in a M203, then do however fit REAl well in 2" pvc

there is a reastion such rounds are baned @ PB fields

Of note the USMC has put TOC motar rounds (thiner tubing) threw Hummve winshelds during training exicerices.

God forbid you get wet!

Wow whats the difference between this and playing in the rain?

Also here in the states when its 100 degrees I wouldnt mind getting hit with a water ballon type projectile :P

Archived