Xbox 360 countdown

Master_$hake

Excellent! Imagine it, the studio fully-rendered, Carol and Des could do their own voices, and you have to tap the words in before the clock reaches 30 :D And if you did well enough, you could even unlock a secret mode; Whiteley! Wow, let's hope it all happens.

Hang on, did I misread the topic title? :unsure:

Yes you are. Most of the games have graphics more advanced than ANY computer game out there.

that only applies to the new gen consoles, but computers are still superior over current consoles (xbox, PS2, GC, etc) and the new gen consoles will only be superior to the PC (if it ever is...) for about a month or 2 until the next gen video cards and processors and other hardware is released.

right now, there are already video cards superior to the next gen consoles in EVERY single way. just that they will cost you alot, and no, im not talking about the x850 x1800 7800gtx series..more like the ones that are used to edit films, and creat CGI effects (cgi movies etc.)

so, bottomline, consoles will NEVER be superior to the PC in any way, and consoles are in fact slowly turning into computers. but in my opinion, the only way to make a good all around game is if the platform is on the PC.

there are almost never half-assed PC games like there are with console games (unless of course, the PC game is a console port). its just sad to see people never hearing of classics like quake or Half-Life when all they do is sit around playing their halo2.

so, bottomline, consoles will NEVER be superior to the PC in any way, and consoles are in fact slowly turning into computers.  but in my opinion, the only way to make a good all around game is if the platform is on the PC.

Not true at all, looking at the current next-gen platforms they all have radically different architecture, from each other (given the scant info released about the PS3 and Revolution) and from that of a normal Intel or PowerPC PC architecture.

Yes you are. Most of the games have graphics more advanced than ANY computer game out there.

So far.

Much lower res (it only renders in 1280x720)

No anisostropic filtering or anti aliasing. (that was demo code though)

If there is ansio and aa, it'll be less than a pc.

The textures don't seem to render as well.

It's decent graphics for the price compared to what a pc would cost to get the same graphics or better.

But when you start saying the graphics are more advanced than any computer, it's not true. (and if they do manage to optimize it to the level that can compete with todays top end computers, PC Hardware will allready be miles ahead by then)

It's a nice console, and it's alot cheaper than a pc with the same gaming performance would be, if you just want games.

But it's not more graphically advanced than a top end PC, it doesn't even have any new instruction sets etc.

although there are exploits and glitches in almost every game. using PC and its other functions will easilly allow you to create aimbots, hacks, etc as well as automated functions that allow you to bind a certain action in the game (macroing)

using consoles etc, the companies can limit the users to only various different ways to use that console... i'll rephraise that, make it harder to have the users to exploit the console or the games. whilst keeping everyone with the same specs for performance etc.

although there are exploits and glitches in almost every game. using PC and its other functions will easilly allow you to create aimbots, hacks, etc as well as automated functions that allow you to bind a certain action in the game (macroing)

using consoles etc, the companies can limit the users to only various different ways to use that console... i'll rephraise that, make it harder to have the users to exploit the console or the games. whilst keeping everyone with the same specs for performance etc.

That's the main reason why people buy consoles. And how much fun is it to kick someone's *albatross* in Goldeneye when they are sitting right next to you? :D

That's the main reason why people buy consoles. And how much fun is it to kick someone's *albatross* in Goldeneye when they are sitting right next to you?  :D

Nothing to do with the price then? Nothing at all? Alienware PC vs XBox; I swear, it's because it's more fun to play someone sitting next to you, m'lud.

*cough*

I swear, it's because it's more fun to play someone sitting next to you, m'lud.

What, on a screen the size of a postage stamp. And on a TV, with a controller.

Lets face it guys, there is a reason why consoles have autoaim. And that is beacuse controllers for FPS's are just plain sh*t.

Archived