The Official A-Team Appreciation Thread

HaVoC

If you have a problem, if no-one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire...

...THE A-TEAM!

http://tv.cream.org/specialassignments/themes/ateam.mp3

Dum dum-dum DUM, dum-dum dum...

pub8.jpg

I started this because of this...

http://www.play.com/play247.asp?page=title...84197&p=57&g=72

So anyway, The A-Team. Discuss...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mayor Jack Flambo : That man makes Rambo look like Pee-Wee Herman.

Erm...yeah...ahem! This is the A-Team thread! Go make your own cult TV appreciation thread!

Producer Stephen K. Cannell has revealed that if an The A Team movei does get the greenlight hey are planning on changing the characters from Vietnam vets to Desert Strom vets, and instead of being a comedy, the movie will be a more straightforward action movie.

Noooooo...!!! :o

Ah, the A-Team. The finest commando unit in the history of the world. But what's that junk about the movie? Straight action movie? NOOOO! I want cabbage cannons and plenty of pitied fools. Owen Wilson as Murdock? Brendan Fraser as Face? Wtf is the world coming to? Sweet Jesus, it's just wrong! No one but the original cast could play those roles.

Back to the appreciation: favorite episodes anyone? I kinda like Showdown, where a fake A-Team get they asses kicked by the guys. And when are we going to get an airsoft Mini 14 for A-Team skirmishing goodness?

if anybody, and I mean ANYBODY dies in the re-make movie, I'm gonna take a shotgun and a case of A-Team videos around to the directors' house and force him to watch all eighty-seven episodes back to back without a toilet break to see that NOBODY EVER DIES!

even the explosions that throw people into the air always end with the baddies rolling around on the ground going "OoOoOOohhh"

I'd heard a rumour that Ving Rhames was scheduled to play BA, whilst Jim Carrey had been suggested as Howling Mad Murdoch. There was also a mention of Mel Gibson in there somewhere. I remember posting it on the old forums. I'll see if i can dig it out again.

I think this is it.

The A-Team Movie

An A-Team Movie is in production!

The bad news is, none of the orginal actors who made this show popular are going to be in it.The movie is currently in devolpement and is being picked up by Fox 2000 and produced by Top Crow Productions. So far, no casting decisions have been made yet.

They say that Steven Cannell wants to have Bruce Willis or Mel Gibson as Hannibal, either Tom Cruise or Brad Pitt as Face, Jim Carrey as H.M. Murdock, and Dennis Rodman or Vingt Rhames as Mr. T. But this is a "wish list" so some may be the characters and others will not.

Fact is, that Mr.T, Dirk and Dwight are fighting for their roles.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CASTING CORNER

Cannell productions gave the opportunity in their newsletter to bring out a vote who should be casted for The A-Team Movie. (Sign in at newsletter@cannell.com)

These are the results:

B.A. BARACUS (01-'02)

Yes! Ofcourse Mr. T received the most votes to play the character of B.A. in the A-Team Movie!

Mr. T. came in first place with 28% of the votes

Michael Clark Duncan came in second with 22%

Ving Rhames tied for second with 22%

Christopher Judge 4%

Samuel L. Jackson 4%

Vin Diesel 4%

Ice Cube 4%

MURDOCK (11-'01)

Yes! Again a 'real' member of The A-Team received the most votes! :-)

Dwight Schultz received the most votes with 24%

Jim Carrey came in second with 21%

Chris Potter grabbed third place with 9%

Ryan Stiles – 5%

Brendan Frasier – 4%

Kevin Spacey – 3%

FACE

(03-10-'01) Yes! Dirk Benedict received the most votes to play Face in The A-Team movie!

Dirk Benedict received the most votes at 23%

Brendan Fraser came in second with 10% of the votes

Brad Pitt followed close behind with 9%

Tom Cruise snagged 6% of the votes

& A 3-WAY-TIE…

David Duchovny - 4%

Chris Potter - 4%

Rob Lowe - 4%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to Greg McCausey, he wrote this:

Dirk Benedict and Herbert Jefferson Jr were both at the Motor City Comic Con over the weekend. They had a discussion panel on Friday (18-5-' 01), and I wanted to relate some of what they had to say.

Dirk's opinion of the new A-Team movie was quite different. I have heard him speak several times, but I have never heard him talk so much about the A-Team as I did on this day. He said that the A-Team was a huge hit because the 4 actors took the original concept, and completely ran away with it, creating the characters as they thought that they should be. Stephen Cannell did not have much influence in the personalities of the 4 characters, it was the actors that made them what they were.

Dirk thinks that the A-Team was a once in a lifetime happening, and that any movie made would pale in comparison. He talked about Mr T coming in with BA wearing all the gold, and having the mohawk. What were they going to do, find another black guy, and give him a mohawk and gold, and try and replace him? As Dirk put it, only Mr T can play Mr T. He said that any roles that the original actors would play in the movie would be cameos only. He also said that he had talked to Dwight Schultz, and Dwight absolutely refuses to have anything to do with the new movie, unless he can play Murdock, which is probably not going to happen. Dirk's opinion is that a new A-Team movie is headed for disaster.

This is what Mr.T said at the "TV Land Ultimate Fan Search", May 27th 2000:

Audience Member:

How did you get along with Howling Mad Murdock in real life?

Mr. T:

We get along real fine in real life. He's just a good actor. As a matter of fact we called each other last week. Two weeks ago I talked to Faceman, Dirk Benedict. We try to stay in touch. We stay in touch just in case they try to make an A-Team without us. You know what I mean? They might try to make an A-Team movie without the original guys. Then we'll have to kick some butt, you know. [He growls.]

More info about the TV Land Ultimate Fan Search:

http://members.aol.com/immurdoc/a-team/fansearch.htm

This is what Stephen J. Cannell said in an AOL chat session dated Tuesday, August 6th, 1996:

Question:

A lot of A-Team fans are upset that the original actors won't star in The A-Team movie. Is that definite? Or do you plan to create totally new characters for the movie? I hope no one replaces the original Team.

CannellSJ:

George Peppard has passed away. And pretty generally, the feeling is when you do a big budget feature film based on a television show, you should replace all the leads so that the movie does not feel like a television episode, but I intend to offer parts to the old cast of the show if they are available and if Universal agrees.

Question:

First, I want to say that I love just about all of your shows. Thanks for some great television! I was wondering (as part of the On The Jazz mailing list) what you can tell us about the new "A-Team" movie. As big fans of the "A-Team", my friends and I are very worried that Hollywood will try to ruin it like they have other movies.

CannellSJ:

I'm going to be involved in supervising the scripting as well as producing the A-Team movie, so I hope you won't be disappointed.

So Mr. Cannell wants to honour the original cast with a small role in the new movie. Sonja Horstman asked Dwight Schultz (Murdock) about it at a Star Trek Con dated 18 Aug 1996:

I visited a Star Trek Con in Hamm / Germany last Sunday and guess who was there? Dwight Schultz. I missed his panel but in the afternoon he was signing things along with Robert O'Reilly. When it was my turn I handed him an old A-Team Poster Magazine which he quite liked (almost everyone else had brought along ST related material for signing) and asked him about the movie. (You would all have condemned me if I didn't, right?) He said "no one has ever been contacted to retake his former role in a new production of the A-Team". I think he said "no one has ever been contacted" at least twice...But he thinks it could be possible that the three survivors would be offered some cameo roles like storekeepers or thrashmen.

If you don't want Dirk Benedict (Face), Dwight Schultz (Murdock) and Mr. T (B.A.) being replaced and if you would like to campaign about this just write to either one:

Universal Studios

100 Universal City Plaza

Universal City, Calif. 91608

or

Stephen J. Cannell Productions

7083 Hollywood Boulevard

Hollywood, CA 90028

(www.cannell.com)

They're planning to have it done between 18 months to two years so we still have time to change their minds.Also, in the letter be polite. The A-Team needs you and remember, more news of the movie as it comes!

deadmrt.jpg

FOO! you can't make a movie without me, Sucka! Ahm so mad at yo jibba jabba, Foo that when i come back from makin' Mr T kicks Zombie *albatross* (out at a cinema this November!) i'm gonna shut you up for good, Sucka!!!!

Thanks to Mr T for adding that when asked to comment on the possibility of the A-team being made without him in a supporting role.

Knackers

Archived