George romeos Dawn of the Dead series

Dafool

Hi folks !. I just took sledge's advice and bought The Dawn of the Dead series, the old ones that is. And i just remembered that they made a remake om the second film in the series. Has anyone got any info if they are planing on making a remake

of the first and the second <_< I really want to know

if this post is considered spam (Or something full of crp) Lock it

I don't want to be declared spammer for life :o

Hannibal Holocaust. Heh. Decent film.

Zombie Flesh Eaters gets my vote though. Take a sick-bag along to that one (RANDOM MOVIE TRIVIA: For the original cinema showings, audience members were indeed issued with a sick bag each)...

Well, it's called Zombie Flesh Eaters. Go figure.

It does, however, contain a totally awesome underwater fight between a zombie and a shark, and the most gruesome shot I've ever seen in a film - a close-ish shot of a single spike penetrating an eyeball. Ick.

George Romero is indeed making another "Dead" movie but it is not a remake. It is called "Land of the Dead". The dead have taken over the world and what is left of our civilization is confined to living in a walled-in city with the dead on the outside trying to get in. The dead are getting smarter and the rich are living in penthouses while commoners are on the streets. Filming in Toronto has already begun.

MMMM, rotting flesh... i mean, hurrah, more Zombie films!!!!

Somebody should name their next film the Undeadening!!

Good old simpsons... *Random quote* 'You took the children to see the undeadening!!'*

*May have been the most unfunny quote ever... but i can visualise :lol:

George Romero is indeed making another "Dead" movie but it is not a remake. It is called "Land of the Dead". The dead have taken over the world and what is left of our civilization is confined to living in a walled-in city with the dead on the outside trying to get in. The dead are getting smarter and the rich are living in penthouses while commoners are on the streets. Filming in Toronto has already begun.

I was about to ask if you were joking - I thought you said that the rich zombies were living in penthouses! :lol:

Dafool, in case you haven't got what Zombie Flesh Eaters is about, look at the name. What do the zombies do? Eat flesh, perhaps...

aye, Romero is.. progressing the zombies in his 4th zombie film.

like he's trying to bookend this particular strain of zombie horror flicks he started back in 1968.. before it gets too messed up by everyone else..

[think of 'bub' back in day otd as a starting point.. ]

only this 4th film - ive read the script - its ok.. nice ideas in it.. but i fear dennis hopper is going to ham it up quite badly..

speaking of the recent remake - i thought it was really good, though you should watch the extended/directors cut of it - much better.

and you should thank that film giving the green light to romeros 4th film - without its success romero would still be on the sidelines.. waving that script for his 4th film..

yeah they needed to make a descent version of resident evil , orginally they were gonna get romero to do it but they then opted for the guy who made mortal combat peice of c**p.

apparently romero watched shaun of the dead and now simon pegg and his mate in the film are going to be zombies in his new film :D

I'd hate to think you're all slagging off a film without having even seen it...

The new Dawn of the Dead is very good. It falls apart a bit at the end, but it strikes a nice balance between 'homage' and 'remake'. Yes, the zombies run. But after 10 minutes, that becomes integral to the plot. It fits in very well, and the movie has it's own legs, rather than play 2nd fiddle to the original. In fact, the original was a budget production in the 70's; not even Roger Corman would argue that it's better than the new one! :D

The remake of 'Night of the Living Dead' is similar to the 'shot-for-shot' remake of Psycho; the director very much wants to preserve the original feel. It's directed by Tom Savini (if you don't know who he is, then you ain't a horror buff! :D ), and it's very faithful indeed. George Romero made NOTLD on a shoestring budget with friends as extras; it wasn't the film he *wanted*, but it was the best he could manage. The remake is probably nearer the vision George had.

er..doc_newstead, i dont believe that we were discussing the recently made DotD movie.. [its been mentioned a couple of times but the gist of the thread is about romero's 4th zombie film]

Notld - i love both versions actually and rate them both.

return of the living dead part 2 always had me in stitches when i was younger, and the thriller sequence still gets me going..

a lesser zombie film might be shockwaves - nazi zombies rise from the ocean.. quite hilarious if only peter cushing hadnt agreed to do it..

Archived