AK 3 round burst

sillyp

Wow...I didnt think that this topic would garner such amounts of discussion! :D I have not been able to talk to my shop teacher, but I'll be able to talk to him within the week. Hopefully, I can get some of his technical know-how with wiring and electronics on my side...I'll try to post pics of the process if he ok's it.

Do any of you guys have pics of the reciever with the 3-round burst option? I think I may have to just use the burst option instead of full auto, so this aspect of aesthetics isn't vitally important at this stage...Like I said, I gotta clear it with my shop teacher before I can work on it at all.

I don't think there are many receivers at all with "BURST" on them - you will just have to keep calling it auto ;).

The Polish wz.88 rifles have a three-round burst.

It has four positions:

Safe

C - full auto

P - single shot

S - 3-shot burst

http://hem.passagen.se/dadkri/Autos.htm

Well, I talked with my shop teacher, it seems like a no go at the moment, so I may have to put this project on hold...I do appreciate all the information I have recieved, and I will put it all to good use once I can continue...Thanks all!

• 1 year later...
The polish Beryl wz. 96 got single, burst and auto fire ;)

beat me to it bobba so i'll just mention that the czech samopal libra 17 also has burst. but that is not really an ak ;)

sillyp ck the beryl thread for xxxfencexxx's pics for the receiver markings. or ak-usa mini beryl page.

zt

Just to throw this out there: The CSI AK's (which are TM knockoffs) don't have a single-fire option, just a three-round burst. You may want to check one out.

That's a lie. I have a CSI, and it goes safe-full-semi. It's an exact clone. I'm selling the parts to mine as marui replacement parts, and they all fit perfectly so it's pretty clearly a complete clone. If it had a burst, they would cost a lot more than they do.

Why don't you just get an airtronics burst thingie? There's a review on one here.

Cleaner, check out the first pic on this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=93&t=64490

There is no full-auto, it's just safe, 1, 3... which also reverse of what other AK's are, with safe, full, and 1.

so many little variants out there... makes it so hard to choose! :D

actually, I take that back, I am not 100% on whether the 3 rnd burst AK's have the full auto option or not. I just noticed that the selector stop allows full movement past the "3". Might be full, not sure.

I have always heard that the Romainian rifles have safe, auto, 3rd burst, full auto. And the picture text says it has a 4 position fire selector so auto must be at the bottom of the receiver as you say. makes it easier to mod!

Does anybody know if it only is the Romanian ak74's that has 3rd burst?

did any variant of the romanian akm have it?

found this on tantals page, halfway down there is a part about the burst unit.

http://avtomats-in-action.com/pro19.html

A ak like that one would be cool. Vfc-ak74n as base. Romanian grips, akm style gasport a burst unit and a Romanian folding stock(some guys at red-alliance has done it on guarders body)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived