Interesting WWII 98K grenade launcher

enzo100

That's really cool, though a tad pricey for a purely cosmetic add-on. How wonderful a functional version would be! Perhaps with grenades that contained their own small gas reservoirs for launching and were made of some light-weight material. Or maybe the launcher itself would hold the gas and launch foam grenades.

My Kar98 should be arriving tomorrow! :D

What kind of pressue do the gas K-98Ks put out?

You may be able to turn this 'dummy' into a working replica -- based on basically the same principle real rifle grenade launchers use.

On a real rifle with an attached grenade launcher, a blank round is loaded into the chamber, gas port for the op rod is sealed if it's a semi/full-automatic, and the pressure from the gases of the blank round will propel the projectile off of the launcher -- in a nutshell.

Apply this princible to your GBB rifle. Maybe you could make a projectile from foam or some other material, and dry fire the rifle?

Jus a thought, but I have no idea as to its plausibility, seeing I've never had any experience with a GBB before.

Probably wouldn't work, but I have no idea of the muzzle pressure from a Kar98, and it would depend on who made it, too. And What gas you're using. And if you have a tightbore installed. And a load of otehr things.

Real firearms launch the rifle grenades with eitehr the blank round or with a live round that goes through the 'nade (Those 'nades are donut shaped, IIRC) and trigger them.

As airsoft relicas probably won't have the pressure to do so, it's impractical to make your own grenade.

IMHO, a much more realistic way to do it would be to mod one of the Madbull barrel-mounted grenades to work on this. It'd be expensive and probably look a bit fugly, but it's work.

Just my 2p, though ;)

Archived