Now its a bit more personal

enzo100

Now before I get into my story I'm sure some of you are thinking "Kid's screwing around with airsoft guns?!?! ENZO!" Well those of you who know me a bit better than that know I've matured so lets just keep that out of here shall we.

Anyways, my three closest cousins are ages 4, 7, and 9. They're fun kids and I've known them since their births. But, these kids can be BAD. And I mean BAD! I visit my family about 4-5 times a year *majority of my family lives in another state* and the most recent time was last Friday when I was visiting after flying in from North Carolina. So we went out to a nice dinner with the family. All was well when I see the 9 year old walking in wearing a doo-rag, lebron james jersey, 50 cent chains, a glove, a fake diamond earing, a fake diamond watch, and etnies shoes. So I'm thinking wtf. Now I know these kids can be pretty weird so I let it fly without saying anything, the kids only 9. But what did get to me was the story he immidiately began going on and on about. He shows me his hand which is wrapped in bandages, he takes it off, and theres blood and bruises. But I've seen these injuries before. Where? Airsoft.... Well turns out, he went over a friends house, who has a dumb**** 14 year old brother who decided it would be fun to shoot airsoft guns with a 4, 6, and 9 year old. Not only did they shoot together they shot at eachother, without any protection. No glasses or ANYTHING. The youngest, the 4 year old who I must say is one of the toughest little kids I've met, which is good cause I can get away with throwin him around from time to time lol, but anyways, he was shot in the head by this kid 4 times on full auto. Next the kid cranks out some paintball guns and dileberately *spelling* shoots up his moms bedroom window. After this he gave the two older kids a bag of paintballs each. They're young they don't lnow much better. But those paintballs later wound up in my backpack after they decided to throw them at their bedroom walls...mess. But my point is that now I really see what kind of idiots there are out there who abuse this sport that we love so much an incredible deal, and to be honest the fact that this kid would shoot at and let these little kids shoot these guns without ANY precautions disgusts me. I've shown them my collection before, with their dad there to watch. If I let them shoot, I helped them and made sure everyone was being safe. It's just not right, and something is gonna go wrong.

End rant.

-Enzo

What's worse than knowing it happen is not doing anything to prevent it. I know probably it didn't occur to be the time or place to take some action, but seriously, hearing all these stories seriously bother me. I'd at least have a chat with the kid's mother or father and take the guns away from the immature 14-year-old. It is incidents that come out of these situations that do give airsoft a bad name. As responsible players and people, we should do everything to try to make it right.

Archived