Everyone Loves their SOCOM!

andthestoryends

I know there's no practical need for it but I'd love to see a metal slide for it, just for the sake of realism.

It'd be a dead easy to make, too, cos the mechanism is built into a plastic firing block which just pops out. There is very little in the way of internal machining to be done.

You cant really get a better silencer. The one supplied with the gun is of high quality as it is and in order to get another silencer you would have to buy a 14mm adapter for the SOCOM.

Better LAM units are pretty expensive. If you are willing to fork out the cash then you could buy yourself a real LAM unit.

Heh, I dont think he wants to TaQ his SOCOM.

I've heard different things about he TM MK23 Socom. I've heard a lot of people saying they didn't like it because it felt cheap, and overall had problems with it. But from here it seems that people really like it. Has anyone had any problems they've encountered with it? Just wanted to know what people thought of it.

RedDragon

The only "problems" that ever get mentioned about the TM Mk23 are as follows:-

- The plastic is a bit, erm, plasticky.

- The LAM is cr@p.

- The silencer is a painted shiny black.

- The magazines rattle a bit.

Personally, I don't have a problem with the plastic. Being a harder plastic than most GBBs I find that the grips feel very crisp and well-defined to the hand. The plastic finish on the slide makes it a feel like it could be creaky. It's not actually creaky but it just feels like it could be... if that makes any sense at all.

As for the LAM, well, There's no denying it. It is cr@p. It's not a big job to upgrade it though. A £10 laser pointer and a halogen bulb out of a bicycle headlamp are the only parts required.

The silencer is undoubtedly a bit shiny. Actually, I don't have too much of a problem with this either. At first you worry that it's getting scratched every time you take it out of the holster. Then you stop caring. Shortly after you reach that stage the silencer stops being shiny.

The mag rattling isn't a big deal. The mag's aren't loose, exactly, but they rattle a little bit, if you know what I mean. You can fix this by either applying tape to the mag or, more neatly, sticking a strip of tape up inside the grip.

If only TM had made it look as good as the KSC one!

As you´ve mentioned it, how does the KSC HW feel? Apart from the slow blowback, has it any problems? I´m considering it as my next sidearm.

By the way, Merry Christmas!! Here in Spain it passed an hour ago.

Archived