.25g BB, too heavy?

gafes

Y'know, it strikes me this is something that Airsoft International could do: instead of debating physics, go and test it. Get a bunch of guns, a selection of different bb weights and brands, then go fire them to see what happens.

:zorro:

yeer thats a good idea.

(Also a warning about my above post, I presumed momentum to be the same, when it is differnt by 0.0336kg ms^-1, so the above mentioned argument is worng/at least partialy worng.)

The same energy comes from the piston, the momentum will be the same, as

A heavier object with the same energy will have more momentum.

.25s go further. Look at the other thread Glen linked to. Go try it out yourselves if you don't believe it. Just remember to put optimum hop up for both BB weights.

-Sale

A heavier object with the same energy will have more momentum.

.25s go further. Look at the other thread Glen linked to. Go try it out yourselves if you don't believe it. Just remember to put optimum hop up for both BB weights.

-Sale

Yup your right, I can't edit my above post but I was wrong.

Testing 42 brands of BBs for our large BB-review I also shot all brands. But first IMHO it isn´t fps it is accuracy and range. But back to the facts: The fewest BBs are having the weight on their packages ;) That´s why we put the 0,23 BBs into the same group as the 0,25 ;) Having converted all fps meassurements back to a 0,2 BB to compare the efficiency some 0,25 BBs are much better. And fps do not only depend on weight ;) Also diameter and finish are affecting the fps.

Archived