Vektor CR21

tonytheknife

Well i think its obvious that the donor gun would be a FAMAS, which i gather was the inspiration for the real steel understanding french foreign legion influence in africa. U coul djust use bondo filler to make the curves i suppose.

Well i think its obvious that the donor gun would be a FAMAS, which i gather was the inspiration for the real steel understanding french foreign legion influence in africa. U coul djust use bondo filler to make the curves i suppose.

I looked at the picture some more and realized that its an aug with a different casing. basically some cosmetic work would be needed.

Ahem.

quote from world.guns.ru

Internally, this rifle is a the ol' good AK-47, or, to be more precise - the Galil. The CR-21 has the same "old AK" style machined steel receiver, trigger and bolt group...The receiver is fully enclosed in polymer buttstock, unlike the other latest bull-pup designs, where receivers are integral parts of the stock"

So, best start place, would be an AK :), with the style of the stock, it wouldnt be *too* hard to sort of... 'pull' it down at the back to cover the motor.

So, best start place, would be an AK :), with the style of the stock, it wouldnt be *too* hard to sort of... 'pull' it down at the back to cover the motor.

Yeah, but modding an AK to have a bulpup design would be much harder than using an aug or famas.

But we can see it uses an AK mag, so modding it for that will be another job.

Just my opinion

you really would be best to start with an AK.

All you really need is a system like the FA-MAS, where the 'front' trigger is connected with a bar to the 'rear' trigger. and thats the whole firing system sorted out.

As for the mags, they're closest to Galil mags, seeing as thats what they are.... :rolleyes:

One other thing, the AUG uses the same gearbox as the AK, so its not exactly 'hard' to use a V3 gearbox in a bull pup rifle.

you really would be best to start with an AK.

All you really need is a system like the FA-MAS, where the 'front' trigger is connected with a bar to the 'rear' trigger. and thats the whole firing system sorted out.

As for the mags, they're closest to Galil mags, seeing as thats what they are....  :rolleyes: 

One other thing, the AUG uses the same gearbox as the AK, so its not exactly 'hard' to use a V3 gearbox in a bull pup rifle.

theres a kit that I got for a AK-47 BULLPUP that sort of looks like the same thing. You would have to make some parts out of bondo/fiber glass resion to make it look extactly like that gun.I'll put a picture up of it later gun is not with me at my house. Any question on the other guns working or parts I'll help any way.Pictures or what I did to mine to make it work the right way. Feel free to ask.

• 7 months later...
yes, an AK74 (or galil) is the actual base gun, but all of the kits make a poor Vepr (ukranian bullpup ak74) lookalike, instead of that gun which looks like an AUG mated with an AK74 with a hint of XM8

Hence the suggestion of resin to change the shape of the rifle. This is a projects section, after all!

At the risk of sounding like the sanctimous a$$hole that I may well be I thought the south african battle rifles were the R5 and the R6 which are effectively Gallils with solid stock and folding stock respectively.  I  appreciate I may be badly uniformed on this, all I ask is 'give me fair go Dibbla'

They are. R4 is the rifle, R5 is the carbine, and the R6 is very short indeed. The CR21 is supposed to be the replacement, although, it's been a while so I suspect the CR21 is going to go the way of the XM8.

Edit: According to this it may very well be going the way of the XM8.

off topic but one attraction i can see with UNco's fugly bullpup conversion is as it has no foregrip and your trigger hand (is that the right word? lol) is supporting the front of the gun they would make wonderful dualies....mmmm 600 round hi cap dualies...possibly even the auto winding drum mags :o

Archived