I almost lost an eye.

LoneWolf

You can get even cheaper, yet still quality, glasses than those ESS's :) £6-7 for a proper pair of Bolle glasses. So there really is no excuse. And they won't look as comically huge as the ESS ones either :D

/takes more ridicule from friends

Yeah, once I was shooting in my backyard and a bb bouced back and went right into my nostril, it looked like a big white booger.

LOL this happened to me a few months back - I knew the BB had hit my face from the sting but it took me a second or two to recover from the shock and realise where the damn thing had gone :P

My glasses would have protected my eyes however.

The problem is; the more you play with your airsoft guns, the easier it is to get comfortable with them and when that happens safety precautions start to get lax.

Glasses are a must. Eyes aren't replaceable ya know.

Really want to scare yourself, try a ricochet from a 12ft/lb air rifle, about quarter of  an inch under your eye. Just see it whizzing towards you, then lots of pain ensues. Damn hardboard backstop. Realllly doesn't absorb much of the impact.  <_<

:o thats happenned to me before! allthogh it was nt me who pulled the trigger :angry: i was walking past a post and one of my friends idiot of a friend goes i wanna go allthough i said he couldnt, at the time i was waliking up the field to the post to put a fresh target u and he shot the post, it richochet off the post and hit me about 1/2 and inch below my left eye :angry: he got what he deserved in the end :P

Archived