Airsoft Pacific's CQC Competition

• 2 weeks later...

Good photos there, look really realistic! Especially the last one, i think its the slight blur on the camera that does it.

I do have niggling pet annoyance though, the correct term is CQB (Close Quarter Battles), CQC refers to something else, but for the life of me i cant remember what! I know most people will argue the toss about it doesnt matter which is fair enough, but it just annoys me and i have to get it off my chest otherwise i wont be able to sleep :)

ps. Yes, i know im nuts.

CQC is hand to hand. CQB is weapons. I also noticed that some of the teams tactics were plain lame. APST had the best violence of action but most other teams were slow and dull.

But then CQB means something completely different as a British Military term.

I still prefer FISH. :D

_MARS,Jul 20 2006, 12:57 AM]CQC is hand to hand. CQB is weapons.

Horsepokey.

CQC stands for Close Quarter Combat. It means *Shock!* fighting in close quarters.

CQB stands for Close Quarter Battle. Which means *Gasp!* fighting in close quarters.

As it has been put before: It's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

EDIT: And while we're on the topic, the US Army prefers the term 'CQM', which I would imagine to mean Close Quarter (dose of PC) Maneuvers.

Edited by Jagdraben
Excellent video, very funny roleplaying, chronic tactics. Yup, that Airsoft!

Parts I thought were funny (in n, "No, you fool!"-way):

-The first guy dealing with the suicide bomber who pops him in the head with his M4. Even after being told that the bomb had a detonator rigged to the hostage.

-The third team dealing with the suicide bomber who sent in a negotiator and then rolled a pair of firecrackers and then stormed in.

-The team that drew the suicide bomber out, but didn't have anyone covering the corridor behind the bomber (who could run up behind him and keep him from falling, while the rest of the team kept the hostage from running and then stick a knife in the vertebrae of the bomber).

-The team interupting the arms deal and subsequently taking heavy casualties.

-All the teams interupting the arms deal shouting, "POLIZEI!" No shouts of "Police!" or "Ef-bi-aye!" or "Policia!" even though none of the teams seems to have a German/Austrian/Swiss-influenced load-out.

Part that I thought was cool and ingenious, although I might have done it differently:

-The team who poured into the room with the suicide bomber, got one of their number to (mostly) distract the bomber while the others circled around the bomber before group-tackling both the hostage and the bomber.

Part that I thought was cool and ingenious, although I might have done it differently:

-The team who poured into the room with the suicide bomber, got one of their number to (mostly) distract the bomber while the others circled around the bomber before group-tackling both the hostage and the bomber.

That would be us, APST... I was the dude without gloves and a big shiney watch... the funny thing is- we drilled for a scenario just like that.

Good times.

-All the teams interupting the arms deal shouting, "POLIZEI!" No shouts of "Police!" or "Ef-bi-aye!" or "Policia!" even though none of the teams seems to have a German/Austrian/Swiss-influenced load-out.

To expliain the "Polizie" yelling. The arms deal was between some Russians and some Germans. If a team was really loud coming up the hallway. A German bodyguard would be sent to check on 'the noise'. It was the bodyguard who would shout "POLIZEI!" He's the same bodyguard with the laser.

To expliain the "Polizie" yelling. The arms deal was between some Russians and some Germans. If a team was really loud coming up the hallway. A German bodyguard would be sent to check on 'the noise'. It was the bodyguard who would shout "POLIZEI!" He's the same bodyguard with the laser.

Oh.

Well it sounded like the "Police" breaking up the deal were yelling "Polizei". I think it woulda been funny if the bodyguard yelled, "Scheisse, Amies!" :D